Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Yeah.,.. a good helmet is pricey... But I'd like to take the car to a track, too. I had budgeted for an M4 for my next car. The Polestar came in less expensive, so in my mind, I get to add this as an upgrade option... I'm still under budget.

"All racers are responsible for being familiar and in compliance with current New England Dragway, Inc., and NHRA rules. Depending upon the severity of the infraction, one warning will be given to a driver found in violation of the rules. A second violation during the same event may subject the offender to immediate disqualification and eviction. This includes, but is not limited to; inoperable tail lights, and not having a fire jacket or suit when running an elapsed time of 11.49 seconds or quicker.

The following infractions shall result in immediate disqualification and competitors shall not be permitted to race until the discrepancy is corrected:

• Convertible running 13.49 or quicker without a roll bar
  • Motorcycle or snowmobile riders running 10.99 or quicker without leather pants and/or a lanyard
  • Hardtop vehicles running 11.49 or quicker without a roll bar
  • Drivers/riders running 9.99 seconds or quicker without a valid NHRA credential
  • Drivers running 13.99 seconds or quicker without a helmet meeting Snell 2000 or SFI specifications
  • Drivers/riders running 13.99 seconds or quicker with a co-driver"

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Yup. They don't want to find center caps on the drag strip. When the inspector saw how hard I had to pull to get the caps off, though, he mumbled something about how it would have been fine. I was a bit horrified, btw, when he offered me a flat-bladed screwdriver to pry the caps off. Fortunately, I had the tool. I did remove the charging cables, jack, etc... to cut the weight a bit.
Makes sense.

lol, a screwdriver. Man lost his mind, lol

• Drivers running 13.99 seconds or quicker without a helmet meeting Snell 2000 or SFI specifications
Oh cool... I think my old helmet is Snell 2000 compliant. I was debating going to the local 1/8mi track, but don't really want to purchase a new helmet. Although mine has been sitting on a shelf for over a decade, so...

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
You wonder why an EV would need a fire suit 😀
lol, sarcasm I hope?

We give Tesla lots of shit around these parts, but they deserve credit for showing that li-ion batteries can be safe in a road car. One of the biggest concerns at the time was the pack catching fire in a minor collision.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Oh cool... I think my old helmet is Snell 2000 compliant. I was debating going to the local 1/8mi track, but don't really want to purchase a new helmet. Although mine has been sitting on a shelf for over a decade, so...
They say Snell 2000 on the website, but in another spot they say it has to be Snell 2010 or newer.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,397 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Looks more like noon to me.
A+ dad joke.

I do want to venture around town and take random pictures in front of cool backgrounds, but right now I'm hauling family around and taking pictures in front of walls and stores.

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July? August? vin 26xxx
395 Posts
So would you recommend the Polestar for a bank job or a hit?
you would need you gunner to be in the front seat, as the rear windows don't open fully.

Plenty of room in the boot for your takings and a load of pickup, I think a bank job is the best option.

Smash and grab would also work as the weight of the car would creat a good ram.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
So would you recommend the Polestar for a bank job or a hit?
Depends. Does the person represent a threat to the health and welfare of the public? How did the bank make its money? What are the motives of my colleagues?

The Polestar would be a good choice. Very quiet, (the AVAS system is barely audible), very quick, maneuverable, and, with the right plan, range shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July? August? vin 26xxx
395 Posts
Depends. Does the person represent a threat to the health and welfare of the public? How did the bank make its money? What are the motives of my colleagues?

The Polestar would be a good choice. Very quiet, (the AVAS system is barely audible), very quick, maneuverable, and, with the right plan, range shouldn't be a problem.
That chase scene at the end of Blues Brothers would be very different today "google says we will arrive Chicago with 1% SOC, we have half a bottle of vape oils and 80% charge its dark out and we are wearing sunglasses...hit it"

61 - 80 of 162 Posts