Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I am interested in buying a Polestar 2, but would like to at least see one before I pay a deposit. All the opportunities to test drive in the UK seem to be down in England.

If anyone in Scotland would be willing for me to come and visit, see your car, and have a chat, then I would much appreciate that. Moray, Aberdeen, or Edinburgh areas preferred.

Many thanks,
H.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quite a wide geography, but I work in Edinburgh and live just to the west. Happy to see if I can help. Message me if you want. Might also be worth checking with any local Volvo dealerships - they may have a Polestar 2 "around"!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much
I will check the Volvo dealership in Inverness. I will be down in Edinburgh sometime in the next few weeks. I will contact you when I finalise my plans, if I haven't seen one before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm Glasgow based, so maybe not in your catchment - but more than happy to show you around if you find yourself in town. Just drop me a message on here. (I'd recommend avoiding Glasgow at the start of November though...)

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July 21 vin 26xxx
518 Posts
well you will need to drive past me to get to the south, I'm in Dunblane happy for you to have a look.

·
Registered
Nov ‘20, void, slate, 19” non-PP, tow bar
12 Posts
Hello there,
I am interested in buying a Polestar 2, but would like to at least see one before I pay a deposit. All the opportunities to test drive in the UK seem to be down in England.

If anyone in Scotland would be willing for me to come and visit, see your car, and have a chat, then I would much appreciate that. Moray, Aberdeen, or Edinburgh areas preferred.

Many thanks,
H.
I’m in Aberdeen if that helps. Have only seen one other in the wild in these parts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks very much
I will check the Volvo dealership in Inverness. I will be down in Edinburgh sometime in the next few weeks. I will contact you when I finalise my plans, if I haven't seen one before.
Hi Howard D, I live in Golspie and was at Arnold Clark Volvo in Inverness yesterday. They do not have any P* vehicles in there at the moment and the sales guy I spoke to seemed to know less about P* than I do (which is not a lot!). He was more interested in selling me an XC40 Recharge!!! I too have been scouting around for test drives. We both just missed a pop-up P* space in Aberdeen, which popped down 2 weeks ago. They do have these in other locations. Glasgow from time to time and others. You can register to be informed of these on the P* web site. However, I have bitten the bullet and am flying down to Manchester at the end of this month to take a test drive down there. Unfortunately the wife was passing as I was making the booking, and she's coming too!!! However, there are some very kind and helpful folk on this Forum, so if a day trip to Manchester is not your thing, I'm sure someone here will be more than willing to help you out.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Long Range Single Motor | Pilot Pack | Moon | Delivery due 27th October 2021
24 Posts
well you will need to drive past me to get to the south, I'm in Dunblane happy for you to have a look.
I'm also in Dunblane and due mine a week on Tuesday. (LRSM in Moon, Pilot Pack). Maybe we should start a 'Dunblane Polestar 2 driver' thread ;)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Long Range Single Motor | Pilot Pack | Moon | Delivery due 27th October 2021
24 Posts
Hello there,

Many thanks,
H.
When I was in London visiting the National Archives in July I managed a test drive. I was told the 'Glasgow' space would be coming online this year?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m in Aberdeen if that helps. Have only seen one other in the wild in these parts.
I have never seen one in the wild in these parts or elsewhere! I obviously don't get out enough!!;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
@Howard D - Happy to help, but as someone said on the forum, lots of happy owners to show you round a Polestar 2.

I had two opportunities last weekend when charging at a public car park. It was the first time where the conversations started with "is that the Polestar...?" rather than "what's that / is it a Tesla...". Much more "constructive" discussions follow.

@JOCK55 I could have perhaps saved you a trip to Manchester.....it would be an excuse to visit the "ancestral homeland" (if only I could persuade my wife!) Last weekend only made it as far as Pitlochry though (see comment about public car park). No Polestars spotted throughout the weekend - but I found some wonderful roads to "test drive". One year into ownership and the fun doesn't stop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts