Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different people on this forum have said they have been advised a Jack won’t be provided.

I was told one would be provided.

Got the car today; I read the booklet in the glove box.
It clearly says that you should use only the Jack designed specifically for the car. It seems to mate with an indentation in the car. See pics of the booklet.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
I’m with you on this. There is a place for a jack in the ‘frunk’ and the manual describes it. I was clearly told today that they would not provide one as that’s what roadside assistance is for! Logic does not stack up. It may be academic for me now anyway but I have never not had a car without one!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I’m with you on this. There is a place for a jack in the ‘frunk’ and the manual describes it. I was clearly told today that they would not provide one as that’s what roadside assistance is for! Logic does not stack up. It may be academic for me now anyway but I have never not had a car without one!
I have been looking at the website to see what you get, the jack is not included in the list, but the first aid kit is. I did see somewhere in my early ownership the jack was optional, and I can't find it at present.

Don't believe I have changed a tire or needed to change one in 40 years of motoring, other people get punctures.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They previously said they would send them out later. Just keep bothering them and don't take "sorry we was wrong" as an excuses - it's in the list of standard items.
They must have updated their website.

Sorry I not bothered with not having a jack, just another bit of junk to cart around.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
I might be OCD, but if there's a custom space for a Jack, first aid kit, or anything else, I want that thing in that space, even if I have to pay for it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polestar called me this morning with an update on the issues I had raised taking delivery of my car.
They were really helpful.... they said that they have had some new guidance on process for some of these things; anyway they will be ordering me a jack and first aid kit, but will need to be patient. Very happy with that conversation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was told when my car was delivered this morning that jacks are going to be posted out to all owners in due course.

Seems logical the car should have one, given what the manual in the glove box says regarding the process to 'repair' flat tyres.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
241 Posts
I'm pretty sure if you spoke with my wife, she'd assure you I'm far from sorted.
Are you tolerating or going to have to do something about it? My update on my original post so things not looking good.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
You might have me confused. None of us in North America have a car yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lol used those Jack's before
Rather you than me sticking a 2 tonne car on one of those things. I even bent a 3.5 tonne rated trolley Jack lifting my Discovery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
...extra weight.. slows you down

you will never use this jack in particular as there are much more efficient jacks for home use (changing seasonal wheel/tire combos, detailing, adjusting dampers, etc..) not to mention 'safer' options for such uses...

with no spare, why do you need this jack 'out on the road'?

edit:

the only real use for this jack that I could think of... is to lift the car as to not damage the wheel (the one with the flat) while sitting on the side of the road waiting for help......maybe..

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
You don't understand! There's a special place for the jack. Therefore, a jack is needed to fill the special place. (sheesh)

Oh... And if you were to use the emergency tire repair kit, it would probably be better to have the weight off the tire while using it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts