Polestar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I've ordered a Lease (my first lease) for a PS2 direct with Polestar via ALD Automotive and paid the 6 payments upfront a number of weeks ago, but don't have any scheduled handover date yet, which according to the order they are awaiting a handover date from the transporters I presume.

Got a VIN, and a Reg Number, one screen says January 2021, the other info within the order says November so does the app.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it should be from paying the upfront installment to getting the car delivered please?

Edited: VIN 0096XX

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great, you will love the car.

There may be someone on here that understands shipping tracking(!) better than I do and can follow your VIN... I last spoke to Polestar CS a few weeks ago and they said that their published delivery dates were being beaten by some margin (January deliveries being delivered in November) but I don't know whether the recall may have slowed the process a little.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In the same boat, will be calling them next week as my lease details say that car will be registered on the 14th November

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
246 Posts
I can tell you this is not a unique experience. My new order, after a previous rejected car issue, is allocated to me with VRM and VIN. Due to it being a new order my first login screen suggests Jan 2021 but my details screen suggests November. Having called a few times my delivery window is during W/C 23rd Nov..

They have certainly stepped up deliveries if cars are in UK and available, I have just been told to wait for the delivery email which will be entitled ‘save the date’.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
A VIN of 96xx should already be in the UK, so it's probably either being updated at the moment (should just be software with that VIN number), en route to ALD, or with ALD waiting for them to get off their backsides.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great news @AngloDude, talking to the delivery driver that dropped mine off, he says they have quite a large number of Polestars at their depot (BCA) many are awaiting recall repair. At least I can confirm deliveries now have latest firmware and, while I can't prove it, presumably all recall hardware fitted. (y)

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
May I ask approximate VINs please? Trying to keep track of the rate of deliveries to estimate when mine will turn up :).

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
246 Posts
0056XX Thunder with 20” wheels, non PP....apparently this was a cancelled customer order but then allocated to me following arrival in the UK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts