Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Launch Ed | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted | ceramic coated
255 Posts
I didn't see any posts about this, but I just received my new door lights. Please excuse the messy garage. Simple install, just need to pop out the light that is there and this clips in.

View attachment 10944
cool. Where do you get those? Didn’t see anything in extras shop.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Magnesium Plus,Pilot package
50 Posts
Link please.

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
701 Posts
Very bright and clear! Did they not need any modification to clip into place? I have these, but had to file away two places to allow the diagonal to fit into the hole. Not sure they're as bright as yours either. Will post pics later.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ordered them from AliExpress. It took about 2 weeks to arrive to PA from order date, even though the shipping estimate was over a month. I also ordered a new housing for the key fob, which also arrived yesterday.

The light housing is a bit thicker than what is in there, but I was able to get it to snap into place. I think filing it may have been helpful so that I wouldn't have to struggle as much.

Link

·
Registered
MY 2022, Long Range Dual-Motor, Snow/Nappa, Pilot, Plus, Tow hitch
701 Posts
Looks like the link is to your order page. Please could you take a look to see if you can find the current listing?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, exactly! I looked at the link you posted and they, unfortunately, don't deliver to the US.

I know that sometimes LEDs can burn out early, especially on the cheaper end (and when getting it from AliExpress... you can never be sure). So I am hopeful that these shouldn't need to be replaced soon.

And, if it doesn't last, I always have the original lights to put back in.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Apart from projecting a logo onto the floor, do these not reduce the amount of light the previous lights illuminated the ground when opening the door, which is really the purpose of having the original lights?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apart from projecting a logo onto the floor, do these not reduce the amount of light the previous lights illuminated the ground when opening the door, which is really the purpose of having the original lights?
The light is much more concentrated, which is why it is so crisp, whereas the stock lights kind of scatter light everywhere. In my opinion, there is definitely a loss of functionality, but it is far outweighed by the cool factor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ordered mine. AliExpress got a set of 4. Will post when I receive and install.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's ok. If I need to modify I have a couple of guinea pigs😀 or spares.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Confirmed with my Launch Edition (DMLR) car; both front doors have under-door puddle lights but all four doors have under-handle lights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whoa! Maybe something in between.

• Haha
Reactions: mgjazz
1 - 20 of 49 Posts