Polestar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2022 P2, PP, Magnesium
74 Posts
Installed mine from AliExpress today. It took 2 months for them to actually arrive, but they look great. Install recommendations: Have plastic car trim removal tools handy & you really have to jam the new lights in cause they are taller than the OEM ones.
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Magnesium Plus,Pilot package
50 Posts
Installed mine today and they don't work. Do they come on only at night?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Passenger side works and looks great Driver's side no light. Have a spare set and will replace tomorrow.

·
Registered
P*2 SRSM | MY21 | Midnight
19 Posts
I bought a set from AliExpress not realising that the standard spec model without any packs didn't come with the lights under the doors, so I made a pointless purchase!

They're new and unopened so if anyone wanted a set, and didn't want to wait weeks from China I'd be happy to send on for a tenner plus postage.
Material property Rectangle Electric blue Wood Plastic
Brown Azure Rectangle Font Material property
Rectangle Fluid Wood Font Electric blue

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do the lamps use 12v dc?

·
Registered
22-Thunder-LRDM-Pilot
40 Posts
Hey guys, I did a test drive on a 2022 model with the pilot package today and while I was gettin off the passenger side I remembered the lights under the doors. When I check I found that there wasn’t any light there and the car has lost the plastic cover: I’m wondering if there is already a harnesses there just no light? I did a bit exploration with my finger but I couldn’t feel any wires. I got distracted and forgot to check the driver side. Does the Pilot also lacks the lights under the door too?
Automotive exterior Vehicle Composite material Auto part Tints and shades

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey guys, I did a test drive on a 2022 model with the pilot package today and while I was gettin off the passenger side I remembered the lights under the doors. When I check I found that there wasn’t any light there and the car has lost the plastic cover: I’m wondering if there is already a harnesses there just no light? I did a bit exploration with my finger but I couldn’t feel any wires. I got distracted and forgot to check the driver side. Does the Pilot also lacks the lights under the door too? View attachment 13794
AFAIK the lights come with the Plus Pack.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I see. Once I get mine delivered I will try to find out if there is a harness already there and add some lights later...
Based on past experience, I don't think you will be lucky enough to find harnesses in the doors to support any option that you didn't buy from the factory.

·
Registered
MY21, Midnight PP Nappa
137 Posts
Rectangle Electric blue Font Fashion accessory Engineering

If you want to get them in easier (and I presume get them out without destroying them or the door cutout), I suggest getting a good knife or strong snips and modify it like this so it's closer to the stock fit at least on that side that you have to push in last based on how the thing is designed.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts