Polestar Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
174 Posts
I bought the set from Ali-Express and tried to install them today but i did not get them into the hole because they are bigger than the original ones. I could not see clearly on the previously sended photo which part of the plastic was cut/modified to fit it into the hole. I am afraid to ruin it 🙈

·
Registered
900 Posts
I bought the set from Ali-Express and tried to install them today but i did not get them into the hole because they are bigger than the original ones. I could not see clearly on the previously sended photo which part of the plastic was cut/modified to fit it into the hole. I am afraid to ruin it 🙈
It takes a little bit of muscle actually. I was similarly afraid but did get them in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I tried and tried and tried but did not succeed. The one from Ali is clearly bigger.
Automotive lighting Circuit component Gadget Electronic component Bumper
Automotive lighting Circuit component Gadget Electronic component Bumper

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Magnesium Plus,Pilot package
50 Posts
Refer to the first page of thread. I used a file to modify the light to fit. Others have used exacto knife to trim some material off of the housing so they fit in easier.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did trim some of the plastic of the new light but that was not enough to get it fitting. I do not want to trim the original polestar light housing in the door because i want the original light keeps on fitting too.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Magnesium Plus,Pilot package
50 Posts
I only trimmed the light housing not the socket in the door. It's a very tight fit.

·
Registered
900 Posts
All this trimming and here I just used my fist to punch it into the light hole (let it be known that I am not a handy person). 🥴

41 - 49 of 49 Posts