Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this morning when I was wanting to check something that the manual in the car wasn't working.
You could get to the index but if you clicked on anything the page was blank.
Just spoken to Volvo Leeds who said they had heard the server was down in Sweden and suspected that the manual downloaded the pages from the server. He is going to check for me a let me know.
Has anyone else had this problem today?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,868 Posts
I noticed this morning when I was wanting to check something that the manual in the car wasn't working.
Just spoken to Volvo Leeds who said they had heard the server was down in Sweden and suspected that the manual downloaded the pages from the server. He is going to check for me a let me know.
My manual is ok.
Although I've never had the images the text is fine

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for checking Dave.
Gareth from Volvo has just phoned to confirm it is a problem in Sweden and it should be ok in a couple of days. Sweden says manual not all stored in car memory.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
You can read a PDF from the link in this thread, if it's useful:

I don't think there's a way to put that in the car yet though, which is a pity!

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Same issue here. It started on 2nd Dec. Prior to this the manual worked just fine, but now all I get are the index pages but none of the content.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe but still frustrating when one day you have it and the next day you don't. Yes you can look online but if you want a quick look in the car it would be nice.
The alternative is to ask on the forum. :)

·
Registered
2021 2
2,588 Posts
The alternative is to ask on the forum. :)
Given that the manual has its own bugs (does it still reference poorer performance at altitude because of less oxygen in the air???), I think the forum is honestly the best source for info!

Random thing I just found: You can set which things are displayed in the driver display via Settings-->Display. Useful to see how the trip consumption changes in semi-real-time!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Useful to see how the trip consumption changes in semi-real-time!
Mentioned that in one of my posts. You must have missed that one! ;)
It is handy though. Try resetting TM after 5 min and compare TA and TM, there is quite a difference once warming. I have had over 230kWh initially which soon drops.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, same here. Only the index is present. So after 2 weeks the problem with the server in Sweden is still present.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ditto. I assumed this was an added extra for the pp owners to justify the upgrade ;)
lol, I cannot get my manual to load in my glutton laddened PP.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just had an update from Katie:

Hi Mike,

Yes there are ongoing technical difficulties with the owners manual at the moment. We have received no confirmation of when to expect a resolve just yet. As it stands , we are just waiting for good news from technical. This should be something that will be an OTA fix, fingers crossed this can be put in place soon. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

Thanks again
Katie
Polestar Team

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
He thinks it's OK to do this (uninstall the web viewer updates), but it does beg the question what is lost. Perhaps this update prevents users from getting out to the web through backdoors. If so, no worries.

·
Registered
Soon: Void
11 Posts
Isn’t the real Bug: The internet is ALWAYS going to be unreliable, so the manual should be downloaded into the car. Always keep a local backup of important data.

Or maybe I’m wrong and Polestar has invented perfect connectivity. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
As far as I understand the manual is downloaded to the car as part of the app. The problem seems to be a regression bug in the webviewer component which prevents the content from being displayed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts