Polestar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been touched on elsewhere on the forum but just wanted to start a thread on it. If you've been keeping up with Volvo news you've probably heard that they plan on limiting the top speed for all their future models to 112mph. This is part of their plan to have no deaths or injuries in their cars by 2020. Thankfully Polestar has already said that they wont be following suit with this initiative and that they remain dedicated to being a performance first brand. https://driving.ca/volvo/auto-news/news/polestar-wont-limit-its-cars-to-180-km-h-like-parent-volvo

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bet that can be removed quite easily, even it it comes down to finding an independent shop that can perform the job. Only downside might be how this impacts warranty. Haven't looked into the terms myself but I imagine something is in there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Its good to hear that Polestar has some independence when it comes to decisions like this. People have been removing governors for decades, but that's going to become increasingly difficult when its electronically limited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts