Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Pity they couldn't have given us an InstaVolt network credit though. Polars are extremely inconsistent; if you get a later one (particularly the 150kW ones) then they can be great, but the earlier 50kW chargers made by DBT are shocking if they have even slightly bad cellular connection - they basically just bomb out all the time. So my advice is by all means make use of the credit, but always have an InstaVolt or Shell Recharge (both true contactless, no app/website/account needed) nearby!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I wonder how long the £450 credit will remain on the card. It's unlikely I'll use it all in the first year (although I'll do my best) :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received the same email an hour ago. Very good news indeed as we have polar plus network charging points nearby! Many thanks Polestar!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Took a little pleasure in sending my email to my boss who has had a 3 month delay on his TM3 and they offered him a £47 voucher for the Tesla shop...thanks Polestar!

·
Registered
29 Posts
"...we would like to show you our appreciation by offering you 12 months free Polar Plus membership along with a £450 BP Chargemaster charging credit to use across the UK’s largest public charging network, Polar"

Fair play 👏
Much appreciated gesture of goodwill which is he good honest response by Polestar

·
Registered
71 Posts
Only just saw the email and instantly came onto the forum to see what the reaction has been. I am glad that it is as positive as I felt reading it. In Scotland the Polar network seems dwarfed by the Charge Place Scotland network, mostly free (for now) and nearby to the Polar. However, I am sure I have read somewhere that they are linked in some way? I have used Polar on a long journey to Oxfordshire and found it reliable, so very happy with this gesture of loyalty to customers.
My second reaction, showing how this forum has got to me, was I wondered what the reaction would have been to Polestar sending out vouchers for hoodies! It would show that they had really understood their "fans"?? ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I intend to do a Grand Tour of the BP Chargemaster Polar 150kW chargers in the UK :) (once I've got the car...)
Ha! Ha! That's the post lockdown holiday sorted.😎

I skim read the email thinking it was the usual "here is a free gift worth toss all if you pay a subscription of £450". Reread an hour later to be pleasantly surprised. Full credit Polestar, and for an extra years warranty 👍

TIme to plan that trip to Unst we've always wanted to do...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I sense a post-lockdown, socially-distanced meet-up at some 150kW Polar chargers somewhere :)
We will need a splitter ... most Polar are 2 cars at most. Instant Volt doing it the right way. Still ... if someone knows a good one in the midlands somewhere I'm sure something can be arranged.

I hope it comes before Dec 23rd ... I'm going away for xmas so can find a route using Polar!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts