Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
This is great news. I can now cancel the wife's subscription (which I have been using).
I know a few people are a bit sniffy about Polar, but I use them all the time and find them to be pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
No sniffiness, I simply find them incredibly variable, going on ZapMap comments which is the only way to actually get a comparative sense of reliability. A friend recently got completely stuck with his Ioniq because three - THREE - Polar chargers in different locations all refused to put in more than 10 minutes' worth of juice. He snailed it to an Instavolt and it charged perfectly...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got the same mail last night here in Norway as well.
Subscription to plugsurfing with the same value.

Must say this impressed me big time. 👏(y)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Whether or not this is a response to the diverse inconveniences suffered by early adopters, it is still a well thought-out and generous one. A good lesson in PR, how to turn bad news, and public criticism, into goood news and a boost in the support from your loyal customers. Looking at some posters here who have included wording from their Polestar emails, they have even varied the content somewhat as the wording on mine is different. Again, not a big deal you might say in these mechanised times, but other companies would not have bothered with such a detail. Well done, Polestar.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I must say that I am impressed too. It looks like the £10 credit that I put on the BP app could be there for some time!

My usual pre-Covid run to London for work was 230 miles from home to hotel.
Obviously as an EV newbie I was happy with the Polestars 292 range (310 was the original number!) as it meant I could get there on a single charge . . . . mmmm 🤔
But with what I have learned on here and a dose of reality, I was considering my options for post-Covid journeys and found that there is a BP 150kW charger roughly halfway, BP Malpas Rd @ Newport, and another BP 150kW very near my hotel of choice - Heathrow Travelodge (cheapskate!) - at BP Cranford Hounslow. 👍
(Charger ID's are Zap-Map names)
So, thank you Polestar, my charging points of choice have just become free 👏
I have also looked at other regular long distance journeys, using only the Polar network, and they too appear to be doable
Now, about that hoodie . . . . 🤣🤣

·
Registered
93 Posts
I also signed up for a Polar account in anticipation. Will have to wait and see how this will match with the Polestar offer when I get the post-delivery confirmation email.

·
Registered
582 Posts
A nice small gesture by Polestar, i agree. But little real compensation for the number of errors and failures they have knowingly (IMO) subjected early adopters to. You are so easily bought!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
A nice small gesture by Polestar, i agree. But little real compensation for the number of errors and failures they have knowingly (IMO) subjected early adopters to. You are so easily bought!!
I'm not easily bought at all actually. To me, even if they hadn't offered anything tangible, but simply said sorry, and all those words about recognising brand ambassadors, early adopters, etc... I would have appreciated the sentiment and felt better.

Very few totally new vehicles are launched without teething problems. Again, for me at least, it comes down to how they are handled in the context of dealing with customers.

That's how I feel anyway, and as anyone who knows me will tell you... I am Mr Cynical! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not many companies actually admit they got it wrong and apologise, especially in the motor trade. Most would not do what Polestar has done. I have had some disruption but this has been minimised by the service with loan cars and the Volvo dealer who, considering the car is so new and they are learning has been pretty good.
When my BMW was recalled there were insufficient parts and the dealer didn't know when they would get them I wasn't allowed to drive the car either but was given a loan car, although much lower model.
I personally probably won't get the full benefit of the offer but it is still appreciated.
We have been early adopters and would expect some teething problems initially. Whilst connected with Volvo Polestar had to set up everything from scratch in a relatively short time which isn't easy.
Your experience has not been so good but maybe 6 months later you would have had a very different one which was as good as the car.
Meanwhile I will continue to enjoy a really good car with no regrets about buying one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I personally think Polestar have gone above what other manufacturers have and would. Even established non EV brands (I am aware Polestar is part of Volvo) have recalls or emission scandals and don’t handle it as well. I am an ex Audi driver and am very impressed with both the car and the customer service. I’ve not had the same level of issues as others so I wasn’t expecting much but appreciate what they have done none the less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"...we would like to show you our appreciation by offering you 12 months free Polar Plus membership along with a £450 BP Chargemaster charging credit to use across the UK’s largest public charging network, Polar"

Fair play 👏
I’ve had the same offer, together with an additional year on the warranty. They do seem to be making an effort. It would be nice to receive the car, though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was easily bought the moment they brought out an iconic car. Old farts that drive around in their classic cars don't spend their time saying it's run perfectly since the day I bought it. The recalls are a minor inconvenience but the time I've saved not going to petrol stations has covered that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was easily bought the moment they brought out an iconic car. Old farts that drive around in their classic cars don't spend their time saying it's run perfectly since the day I bought it. The recalls are a minor inconvenience but the time I've saved not going to petrol stations has covered that.
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar.
23 Posts
I seem to recall Tesla offering customer free charging credit and a referral program of some sort that could get you even more credits for charging up for free. I wonder if PS will also introduce a similar referral program? Maybe in partnership with Polar in the UK?

·
Registered
187 Posts
So has anyone (probably those who have their car) received any more details about the Polar reward yet?

Curious as to how they will roll it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So has anyone (probably those who have their car) received any more details about the Polar reward yet?

Curious as to how they will roll it out.
The email said that further details will be sent out at the end of the month. Nothing received yet so my guess is Monday at the earliest...

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar.
23 Posts
I got my PS2 today. The handover person didn't have any details about it. However, after he left I got on a chat with Polestar customer services. I'm in the UK and I just signed up to the Polar Plus network, which is the same charging network that Polestar is giving UK drivers credit for. I've been advised to continue with my membership and I should be able to add my free credit to the same account once I have received the details from Polestar as well as extend the membership from the standard free three months to free 12 months. Sweet! Can't wait for that email!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took my car to the garage for the latrst software update And got given a top of the range v90 as a loaned care
. Wow. Rather irritatingly, it has better driver assistance than the Polestar including the ability for the car to go on cruise control and then slow it self down as it went round corners. I wonder why Polestar doesn’t have the same !!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I got my PS2 today. The handover person didn't have any details about it. However, after he left I got on a chat with Polestar customer services. I'm in the UK and I just signed up to the Polar Plus network, which is the same charging network that Polestar is giving UK drivers credit for. I've been advised to continue with my membership and I should be able to add my free credit to the same account once I have received the details from Polestar as well as extend the membership from the standard free three months to free 12 months. Sweet! Can't wait for that email!
That's good to know as I have also taken out Polar Plus membership independently.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I took my car to the garage for the latrst software update And got given a top of the range v90 as a loaned care
. Wow. Rather irritatingly, it has better driver assistance than the Polestar including the ability for the car to go on cruise control and then slow it self down as it went round corners. I wonder why Polestar doesn’t have the same !!!
I had an xc90 as the hire car. It cost the equivalent of 2 weeks worth of electricity in 1 day. I didn't play with the cruise control but slowing down for corners makes sense. The adaptive cruise has done this for me by following the car in front but I haven't used it enough to see what it is like elsewhere. I also liked the HUD in the volvo and it was much better at identifying road signs.

I was surprised the charge limit is still @ 80%. Does that mean they didn't update the software while fixing the recall?

I'm not convinced volvo are ready for this but the franchises are doing what they can. The bloke also said one of the mechanics has had a couple of shocks from the batteries already.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts