Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a very nice email from Polestar apologising for the inconvenience caused by the recall and to give a 500€ voucher for Plugsurfing.

Not sure if that is only for specific countries but I find this super cool. Must be a hit on their cashflow but it makes me confident I made the right choice even more.

Polestar
Hello Fabrice
You who have chosen Polestar, we wanted to thank you for your pioneering spirit.

We are a young brand and we could not have gone this far without your beliefs and your support. Beyond our thanks, we wanted to recognize your role in the development and improvement of our cars. We are glad to have benefited from your comments to help us move forward.

Our software is constantly improving and you will benefit from all new features and applications. We obviously understand that this flawed experience may have caused some frustration for our early adopters, including you.

In order to express our gratitude, we are offering for your Polestar (order no. Xxxx) a loading credit of 500 € with Plugsurfing. Enjoy your next getaway behind the wheel of your Polestar.

We know we have the opportunity to do even better and we are putting all our energy into keeping you satisfied and delivering on our promise.

Let us rejoice in this positive change. And thank you again for making the trip with us.

Polestar

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
indeed a really nice move and it made me feel much better when I received it!

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
And far better value with Polar, than with PlugSurfing which is a really expensive way to fill up as they add extra cost on top for the "luxury" of using their service!

Wish it had been InstaVolt credit though (far and away the most reliable charging system in the UK and properly contactless).

·
Registered
191 Posts
And far better value with Polar, than with PlugSurfing which is a really expensive way to fill up as they add extra cost on top for the "luxury" of using their service!

Wish it had been InstaVolt credit though (far and away the most reliable charging system in the UK and properly contactless).
How would they give this though? I guess it would have to be a straight £450 each as there isn't an RFID tag for instavolt.

This way if people don't use the full £450 then Polestar still gets the credit, but maybe doesn't pay the full amount.

The other benefit of the Polar option is that its a gift that keeps on giving, every time you use it you remember its free. For me £450 in my bank account would be spent and forgotten very quickly but "free" charging would give me a warm and fuzzy feeling for a lot longer, even though its technically worth less than the cash.

Humans are funny creatures

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
In reality it's not £546 (450 + (8 x 12)) per customer ... because a deal would have been for costs. In addition there will be some who won't sign up for it, the majority will hardly use it for the first year ... and I'm sure the credit will either expire after 12 months or expire if you don't renew the subscription, which many won't do.

Therefore cost per customer is probably closer to £100 max. Would anyone notice if they dropped the car price by £100?

Obviously this benefits some greatly and others see it as a nice freebee that would be handy if required.

As long as I can link it to my current Polar Account I'll be happy, even if I don't plan on using it that much.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
InstaVolt does not operate in EU mainland, nor Polar, as far I know. Plugsurfing is also a bit of a markup price but it is super handy. I use it only for roughly a month and it worked like a charm on all public chargers I used (and I used a wide range of different ones).

·
Registered
147 Posts
As long as I can link it to my current Polar Account I'll be happy, even if I don't plan on using it that much.
Me too, I currently use a Polar charger near my work, have enjoyed three months free subs on their RFID card and don't want yet another card. But either way a very welcome gesture fro Polar. 👍

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
How would they give this though?
A pre-loaded debit card with £450 of credit on it would work. However that does sort amount to the same thing as just dumping it in your bank account, and I agree that's definitely not the same. Also most people won't get close to using the credit in any case...

·
Registered
590 Posts
So 10,000 miles equates to £450? if the P2 returns 2.5 miles per kWh, ignoring charging loss, that equates to 4000 kWh costing £450, or 11p per kWh. Which public rapid chargers cost that little?
Even at 4 miles per kWh that equates to 2500 kWh = 18p each.
Hmmm....

·
Registered
191 Posts
So 10,000 miles equates to £450? if the P2 returns 2.5 miles per kWh, ignoring charging loss, that equates to 4000 kWh costing £450, or 11p per kWh. Which public rapid chargers cost that little?
Even at 4 miles per kWh that equates to 2500 kWh = 18p each.
Hmmm....

With the Polar plus they are charging 12p per KWh, so its about right. The 20p for the 150 chargers is pretty good value!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't expect to get this, so I'm happy.
On the letter they sent to me they mentioned there was no timelimit to use this 500 euro for Plugsurfing. You only have to put it on your Plugsurfing account before December 2021.

In Dutch we say: Je moet een gegeven paard niet in de bek kijken.
Free translated: Don't look in a mouth of a given horse.
So don't be to critical if you get a present.;)

I'm curious how OTA's/updates ll do in future. Some things are maybe the same as my former Volvo V60 Nordic+.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
We have the same saying - "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think as a Marketing and PR exercise this is very successful for Polestar, the media will be positive (apart from the usual Teslerati) and potential new customers will see it in a positive light. I admit to being biased, but for those few people of whom i am one who have endured several bouts of grief with their cars i feel it is small compensation indeed.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
To be fair, it's compensation for those who've had odd niggles, it's not expected to be compensation for someone who's had to go through what you've been through. That should be a whole different order of magnitude...

·
Registered
590 Posts
To be fair, it's compensation for those who've had odd niggles, it's not expected to be compensation for someone who's had to go through what you've been through. That should be a whole different order of magnitude...
Sadly it is completely different - zip, zilch, nada.

·
Super Moderator
707 Posts
I didn't say an order of magnitude bigger ;)

Seriously, they have really dropped the ball on your case :(

·
Registered
590 Posts
It is a real shame,we do feel badly let down. In any new car launch there will be some customers who fall by the wayside, and I think that is an acceptable fact of life for Polestar. They could have handled it a whole lot better though and not just done nothing. :cry:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts