Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does "first come, first served basis" mean that pre-orders don't get priority test drives over people who are just curious about the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got an email that they are doing drives in Sag Harbor this weekend, with coffee and donuts. No coffee and donuts in NYC.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got an email that they are doing drives in Sag Harbor this weekend, with coffee and donuts. No coffee and donuts in NYC.
We are out on the north fork this week...that would have been nice - have a test drive scheduled for end of Sep in NYC, but still hoping they will come out to Westchester...

·
Registered
34 Posts

...and after watching the vid, I decided to go check out the PoleStarSpace for myself.

Very nice car in person. And drives very well. Yes, test drive on the spot. “Firs come first served” basically. A pleasant surprise.
Definitely more ‘sports‘ minded, not just how it handles the road, but also how the front seats fit the body. Wide center console also kinda adds to the form fitting feel you get in the drivers and passengers seat. I’m 6’1” and I always drop the seat as low as it can go not because of my height, but because I like to sit low in the car in general.. again, adds the the sporty driving feel, imo. Reviewers say the car sits high(er) than most other similarly sized sedans, and by the numbers it probably does, but when getting into and just approaching the car, it feels and looks more so like a sedan, and sporty. At 6’1” I actually ‘look down’ at the roof when standing next to it, only just.. Looks smaller and actually is smaller than the pics makes it appear. And I actually like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Very responsive at speed (steering and throttle) altho at ‘tip in’ I personally would like to have a little more go sooner. Regen is awesome. I don’t really use all the bells, whistles and trinkets most cars have theses days, I just like to drive. It’s definitely a joy to drive.

That being said, having the Navigation on the Cluster is a very nice perk.. 360° camera view is one of the best images/executions I’ve come across. Selecting the individual camera views would be better if you could make the images larger or full screen. There may be a setting, but I didn’t go thru all the menu options to find out. Our ride along host (we had the option to drive alone, but we opted to have him ride along) demonstrated the voice commands “Hey Google play Fitz and the Tantrums” (which was my request)... worked on first try.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As far as COVID precautions.. All the 'normal' rules apply here..

And they have staff constantly wiping down the cars and surfaces.. literally moments after you step away from the vehicle or walk to another part of the vehicle... if you touched a surface or sat in it it gets a freshening up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
LA test drives officially started with online scheduling now available

1 - 9 of 9 Posts