Polestar Forum banner

Which of the available options best describes your experience of owning a Polestar 2

• Terrible, but with some excellent features

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I refuse to answer due to my religious principles

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate market research. But tick a box if you want. I really don't care, it's up to you.
I chose the options while waiting for my soup to heat up (pea & ham, 4mins 30 seconds) so feel free to let me know if there's an option you'd like to see. I won't be offended (I might, but I'll hide it).
You can only tick one box. I know it's overly simple, but I have trouble keeping my concentr....

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I can't say Best Car I've had ... I don't judge on those things until I've had it for a year ... in Covid years that's about 3 years!

Better than Expected - Can't say that either as I had a test drive.

So thing's I've been very happy with, some things a little disappointed - so for now it's "As Expected"

Honestly it's probably in the top 5 best car's I've owned ... maybe top 3 - will need to think about that though.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the best & worst for me. But I am confident/hopeful that issues can be mostly resolved, then it will be the best.

·
Registered
227 Posts
How about - "An exciting leap into the unknown" - for us EV newbies who were prepared to take a gamble and are enjoying the rollercoaster?
I have had some decent-ish cars in the past and this is definitely up there, but its also the great learning curve along with the apprehension of new stuff!
If not, then I would go with "Better than I expected", but not that I was expecting bad things, but its more fun and enjoyable than expected.
I'm with @GDank on the "I knew what it was like, had a test drive" comment, especially as I met him on mine, but even that didn't show the ease of charging overnight and other benefits.
In fact, today it's nice and sunny out west, so I'm charging for free off solar! 🌞

·
Registered
702 Posts
It hasn't quite tipped the scales against my Audi A4 Avant Black Edition, but it is close (if only because I love technology - even if I don't fully understand the details as I am not a detail person). So for me it gets "Great but with some faults" ) primarily driven by the battery range and charge speed (if an when they are fixed then that will change).

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
262 Posts
I don't own one yet, but from what i am reading i fully expect the experience (under current conditions) to be much like the 2 TVR's I have owned. Exhilarating when everything is working as it should, dismal and depressing when it doesn't (like waiting for a recovery truck for 2 hours when the timing chain fell off). I very much hope it will be more of the exhilaration than the dismalness.

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
252 Posts
I would say the least reasonable choice I have ever made! So "An exciting leap into the unknown » might also be good for me. For the minimalist design of the brand, the pragmatic and Swedish design, the quality of Chinese manufacturing (it's hard to say, but we have to admit it).The global environmental approach. What surprised me the most is the road handling. The bad surprise is the range.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I had to pause. My BMW coupe (2009 E92, RWD, manual) is a great car. Fun, quick, sporty, great on the track, great in the snow, stylish..

But if I'm objective, the Polestar is more fun, much quicker, sporty, more practical, more stylish, with a better sound system, any album or song I can think of instantly available, better navigation, easier to load and unload, no more gas station stops, better suspension, better brakes...

So, though I hesitate to jump to the superlative, it really is the best car I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
I’ve been fortunate myself in luckily avoiding the major issues. Each issue I’ve had has self resolved within a short time or was taken care of fairly quickly between customer service and the service point within walking distance from my house. And now it’s all smooth sailing /knock on wood\
I am frustrated hearing the varied issues others have and in some cases continue to have because when everything works as intended as a package it is the best car I’ve ever had, and only stands to get better.

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
When they fix all the bugs and deliver all the features they promised, this may well get an upgrade to 'best car I've ever owned'. But I simply cannot in good faith award it that accolade as things stand. Frankly, I'm astonished six people have voted that category - they must have led a disappointing automotive lives before now or are -extremely- tolerant.

There are just too many things missing, and far too many serious bugs at the moment. There are some absurd usability problems as well - things I picked up within minutes of sitting in the car. I wonder who they actually had testing it - it was either a bunch of yes men or they ignored feedback years ago because some of it is deeply ingrained.

I'm honestly starting to get a bit p....d off with it...

For now, the best car I've ever owned was my BMW 530e, and to be quite honest I am having a bit of buyer's remorse at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
It's interesting that five out of the six 'best car' voters at the time of writing this are in the US. I guess you folks didn't have to deal with all the major faults us early adopters had to deal with, plus your connectivity doesn't seem borked like those of us this side of the pond.

Or you're just more happy-go-lucky and less uptight than we are 😂

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
It's interesting that five out of the six 'best car' voters at the time of writing this are in the US. I guess you folks didn't have to deal with all the major faults us early adopters had to deal with, plus your connectivity doesn't seem borked like those of us this side of the pond.

I'm a bit superstitious so hesitate to write this... but, no, I haven't really had any problems. The manual doesn't show, of course, and the wifi doesn't work. The range is disappointing, though it's been more than adequate for my needs so far. Other than that...

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts

In the US they specifically held deliveries until they were confident none of the cars would require the recalls and it seems we also don't have the systemic 4G issues y'all have over there.

I do feel like the few of us voting in that category happen to have been lucky in avoiding the big issues - I haven't had to be recovered at the roadside, had no internet connectivity for days on end, or big rattles/squeaks or build/paint quality issues (yet? /knocks on wood\). Range/charging and cargo space has been just enough. And while I recognize that certain software issues are persistent and annoying in their persistence, they're all (to me) minor and don't really distract from the car's utility. Will see what I say if anything like that does come up!

All that and the past year (4 years?) has put me into a zen-like state regarding the scale of problems to fret over...

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm a bit superstitious so hesitate to write this... but, no, I haven't really had any problems. The manual doesn't show, of course, and the wifi doesn't work. The range is disappointing, though it's been more than adequate for my needs so far. Other than that...
I’m exactly the same way, @ProfessorCook. Granted, I’ve only had the car for a few days, but it really has been fine so far. I voted best car I’ve ever owned because as a drive it really is the best, and for me the software kinks have not been a major issue so far.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Yeah, I am aligned to the others voting for that category. I am actually between the "exciting leap into the unknown" and "best car" category. Keep in mind my prior best car is a 1996 Volvo 850R and I have not had as my own another car since...until this one. Plus I have had none of the major issues. No recalls, most everything has worked properly. And I absolutely love driving it. So I ended up with "best car". And I'm knocking on wood to avoid jinxing myself. 😉

1 - 20 of 37 Posts