Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this email from Polestar earlier today and somehow they're still going forward with production of the Polestar 2.

They say they have "implemented stringent measures" at their Chinese plant for workers, which is great, but this is still surprising given that every other manufacturer has been temporarily shutting down their plants.

It's a very risky move for Polestar and I don't know if this is a good idea.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Polestar sent some more information about Polestar 2 production.

Deliveries are expected to start Summer 2020 starting on a market-to-market bassi in Europe, then China, then North America.

If you have an order in place you should expect to hear from Polestar soon as "final order books in each launch market are now being opened sequentially. Reservation holders in each market will be contacted to place their final orders, before public order books are open."

Polestar 2 email

·
Registered
498 Posts
If they can protect the workers and it works, that's not a particular risk. The higher overall risk might be whether or not they can get deliveries in peoples hands given the economic shutdown. Dealers right now can't beg people to come into their stores, and so they are offering private delivery.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If they can protect the workers and it works, that's not a particular risk. The higher overall risk might be whether or not they can get deliveries in peoples hands given the economic shutdown. Dealers right now can't beg people to come into their stores, and so they are offering private delivery.
Agreed, shipping is going to be much more of a hassle than production at this point. I feel they're being very optimistic to start deliveries this summer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just heard a report this morning that a dealer who used to sell 45 cars/month is now selling closer to 1/month. Dealers are considered essential businesses and so can remain open, but with that type of volume reduction I don't see how they can even keep the lights on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Polestar 2 order configurator is currently estimating UK delivery as being "May-July 2020" :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts