Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is new. Before, it was just the popup stores but now the official spaces have been listed:

US:

Canada:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think this is new. Before, it was just the popup stores but now the official spaces have been listed:

US:

Canada:
Good catch ! Very interesting.
Through the same link you can also see that threre’s 20 open positions at Polestar, nearly all of them in customer relations, order management, IT, cloud management, marketing and communications. Did they really get it ?!
Note that mysteriously the Vancouver address has changed from Seymour to Homer... hence why nothing was happening... CS was not even aware of this.

·
Registered
121 Posts
o_O the two San Francisco spots are 25 minutes north of downtown SF and 50 min south of SF so they are in the suburbs. I guess those of us in SF are tapped out so they are moving out towards affluent areas, but would have been nice to leave at least one with us in the city 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
254 Posts
Interesting development. But still no phone numbers for specific Spaces. So still only one centralized phone number for CS.

·
Registered
'21 P*2, 19", Midnight/leather, +tow
871 Posts
o_O the two San Francisco spots are 25 minutes north of downtown SF and 50 min south of SF so they are in the suburbs. I guess those of us in SF are tapped out so they are moving out towards affluent areas, but would have been nice to leave at least one with us in the city 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
871 Posts

US:

Canada:
Do we know when they’re meant to open?
I’m assuming the Space staffers are meant to include people who know actual information about financing, delivery timelines, etc

one vlogger said the LA PopUp would close Nov 15. So is that the target date for Space openings?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, it would have also been nice to have at least one WITHIN 1000 MILES OF THE ENTIRE MIDDLE PORTION OF THE COUNTRY!!!

Sorry, was I yelling?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yeah, it would have also been nice to have at least one WITHIN 1000 MILES OF THE ENTIRE MIDDLE PORTION OF THE COUNTRY!!!

Sorry, was I yelling?
Well, we are both in places that are constantly on fire so we have that. Also guilty of not thinking about everyone so far outside - I am truly sorry about that but will happily buy you a beer at Toronado or Lucky 13 if you come to SF for pick up 🍻

I'll add that I'm still pissed they say "San Francisco" 49ers when they are now in Santa Clara (where a SF pop up is). It's like saying Manchester United are from Liverpool.... com'on, it's not right!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'll add that I'm still pissed they say "San Francisco" 49ers when they are now in Santa Clara (where a SF pop up is). It's like saying Manchester United are from Liverpool.... com'on, it's not right!
Having the Super Bowl celebration in the city felt especially weird.

It would be great to have Polestar in the city or mid-Peninsula, but c’est la vie. We got our PopUp, and with 150-mile transport on the house, I’m not planning to have to set foot in a Space super often.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes great catch! The one in Montreal is set to open December 21st. It is a shopping mall just north of Montreal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Looks like they’ve added opening dates for all of them (and updated “San Francisco” to “Marin” more accurately). Late Nov / early Dec for the two SF Bay Area locations. I wonder if there is any correlation to delivery dates.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Looks like they’ve added opening dates for all of them (and updated “San Francisco” to “Marin” more accurately). Late Nov / early Dec for the two SF Bay Area locations. I wonder if there is any correlation to delivery dates.
So seems they converted the LA and NYC PopUps to actual Spaces - is that right?

I do understand why they aren't extending their lease on the SF Space. There's been a very loud and continual strike at the Macy's next door throughout the time they've been open that makes it difficult to hear things in the SF Space - it's loud. Between that and the pandemic I can't imagine they're getting much foot traffic at all - at least of the sort that might turn into actual sales. Last time I was there, while waiting for my test drive, there was a dude checking out the Polestar 1 who frankly smelled of excrement. You never know with Valley tech bros but my guess is he was homeless and not an eccentric billionaire.

The opening dates of Nov 22 and Dec 7 for our Spaces must indicate delivery timelines.... right???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The opening dates of Nov 22 and Dec 7 for our Spaces must indicate delivery timelines.... right???
I have the same question! We need to finalize our orders at the spaces, right?

If so, that implies we can't get our cars any earlier than the space opens.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have the same question! We need to finalize our orders at the spaces, right?

If so, that implies we can't get our cars any earlier than the space opens.
I don't see any necessary dependence of $$/delivery processing on Space opening. I'm not sure what the relevant regs are in Canada but in the US, given they are meant to deliver to folks in states far away from NYC/LA/SF, it seems they could process things virtually. Now, will they actually do so is a different thing entirely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts