Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like the US Polestar Spaces are starting up, finally.
Info on them was just posted to the Polestar site: https://www.polestar.com/us/spaces
They're opening "pop-ups" (presumably temporary spaces before the full Spaces open up later after COVID issues subside?) in NYC - Midtown Manhattan, LA - Downtown Santa Monica, and SF - Downtown near Union Square.

No word on dates/times or anything, but this reddit post suggests NYC at least will open July 22:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Polestar/comments/hnaydx
Anyone hear word about what the LA or SF opening date is?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case others didn't receive this, just got this email (hopefully screenshot works)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
New post on an old thread: I see two new spaces coming to the US soon: Denver (happy days for you Mountain West owners!) and Austin, TX which is only 11 hours from me. Much better than Manhattan. Maybe Atlanta before too long - that would be only about 6 hours.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone heard rumors of a Boston space for 2021.. I'm up in NH and the distance from NYC is a dealbreaker... tempting but I think I have to count on some servicing.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone heard rumors of a Boston space for 2021.. I'm up in NH and the distance from NYC is a dealbreaker... tempting but I think I have to count on some servicing.
They certainly said earlier they will have a Boston Space in 2021.
The current website is less than revealing:

The newsletter indicated last year that the Boston Space will open in "first half of 2021"
Guessing others closer to you (@ProfessorCook @bing ?) might know more

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Ha! Yeah... I expect the Boston space should be coming before too long, but I don't have any hard evidence of that. It should be a good market for Polestar... all us university people and whatnot.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hope North Carolina gets one - Tesla is killing it here

·
Registered
599 Posts
Anyone check out the map lately? Lots of activity. Current list of upcoming spaces not yet open:

Denver (Date: March 30)
Seattle
Orange County
Phoenix
Austin
Dallas
Minneapolis
Detroit
Atlanta
Miami
DC
South NJ
Central NJ
Connecticut
Boston

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I wish they'd put one in Nashville. Atlanta will still be closest to me. Memphis would be outstanding but I think the chances for that are near zero. :confused:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone check out the map lately? Lots of activity. Current list of upcoming spaces not yet open:

Denver (Date: March 30)
Seattle
Orange County
Phoenix
Austin
Dallas
Minneapolis
Detroit
Atlanta
Miami
DC
South NJ
Central NJ
Connecticut
Boston

View attachment 4040
I love that they put a “2” for all of Texas like they do for each of the Bay Area and LA

for @Mick would St Louis help?
Im thinking of a larger urban center with at least local amenable politics that fills in the coverage from what they have now or planned. Chicago is of course needed, but not sure how the ongoing litigation is affecting things or if that’s resolved

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
What's the deal with Chicago. 'Seems logical.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's the deal with Chicago. 'Seems logical.
can’t find the link (maybe it’s all done now?) but at one point the Illinois Volvo dealers association was suing Polestar to prevent them from selling in the state, and supposedly bypassing Volvo dealers. I think Chicago was originally slated for a Space but that suit scuttled those plans - and I believe the overall plan to have American Volvo dealers service Polestars like they do in Europe.

Reactions: PolestarMG

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I love that they put a “2” for all of Texas like they do for each of the Bay Area and LA

for @**** would St Louis help?
Im thinking of a larger urban center with at least local amenable politics that fills in the coverage from what they have now or planned. Chicago is of course needed, but not sure how the ongoing litigation is affecting things or if that’s resolved
St Louis would be about 45 min closer, depending on where in the respective metro areas the Spaces were located. Would be nice to have both! 😎

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Just picked up my summer wheel set from my local Volvo dealer who put the summer rubber on my new set of rims. Talked to a guy who had spent the weekend in Boston training. He said there were a few guys from Boston Volvo there and they were working on some Polestars, getting trained up. So that's good news for us in New England.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts