Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Polestar 2 a few days ago. I submitted my vehicle for trade in but I haven't received an offer yet. How long does the trade in process take? The counter has been stuck at 20% for 3 days now. I thought it would only take a few hours at most to get an offer. How long should I wait?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Call or email the Space. The personnel there (regardless of specific Space) seem to need a kick every now and then to move things along.

·
Registered
21’ Snow Performance Pack.
179 Posts
They’ll probably give you some insanely low offer as well. Better to sell to one of the car buying outfits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok, thanks. I will call them in the morning. Seems like they aren't interested in my business. In past car buying experience my phone would be ringing off the hook. I seen other comments where customers had to call to the dealer (space) to move things along. I guess they like people to call or meet in person. I prefer online communication.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, thanks. I will call them in the morning. Seems like they aren't interested in my business. In past car buying experience my phone would be ringing off the hook. I seen other emails where customers had to call to the dealer (space) to move things along. I guess they like people to call or meet in person. I prefer online communication.
I was selected for a video interview after an initial survey from Polestar and this need to nag people at the spaces to move the process along was one of the biggest complaints that I mentioned during the interview. Hopefully they’ll improve the process.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My trade-in offer was uploaded within a couple hours. I had already brought my trade-in in for them to view/appraise prior to placing my order though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It definitely took repeated requests to get them to formalize a trade-in offer at the Marin space. The offer was generally comparable (a couple hundred less) to most of the online offers like Carmax or Carvana. I ended up selling it to Shift as they gave the best price and came and picked the car up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It definitely took repeated requests to get them to formalize a trade-in offer at the Marin space. The offer was generally comparable (a couple hundred less) to most of the online offers like Carmax or Carvana. I ended up selling it to Shift as they gave the best price and came and picked the car up.
My trade-in offer was significantly (about $7k) more than Carmax and Carvana were offering.

·
Registered
Midnight 2022 Polestar 2, Pilot, Plus, Barley AWD
6 Posts
My trade-in offer at PS South Coast was significantly lower (approx 6k) than Carvana so went with them.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It only took a couple of days for the online appraisal and I thought the offer was more than fair. Of course, this was over a year ago and quite a bit has changed both with Polestar and the value of pre-owned vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I called this morning and they said the used car manager will get on it right away. He said I should have the quote in a few hours. After waiting till 4:30 pm and seeing no changes on the website, I cancelled my order. I shouldn't have to pressure them for a sale. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Well I called this morning and they said the used car manager will get on it right away. He said I should have the quote in a few hours. After waiting till 4:30 pm and seeing no changes on the website, I cancelled my order. I shouldn't have to pressure them for a sale. Thanks for the help.
You're sadly not the first, and it seems definitely not the last, lost sale for them because of this bullshit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I indicated I wanted a trade-in on my online order, buy I bout a pre-configured one from my local space instead. They never bothered asking about the trade-in and I never bothered following up about it since my carvana offer was higher than KBB and I didn't think they would come close to matching it. That said, I was impressed by the carvana process and am glad I went that route. They come out to your house to do do the paperwork and car pickup.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I indicated I wanted a trade-in on my online order, buy I bout a pre-configured one from my local space instead. They never bothered asking about the trade-in and I never bothered following up about it since my carvana offer was higher than KBB and I didn't think they would come close to matching it. That said, I was impressed by the carvana process and am glad I went that route. They come out to your house to do do the paperwork and car pickup.
I also went with Carvana; mostly because I ordered my car from a Space 1000 miles away and they wanted me to pay to ship my trade-in to them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was the car you put a deposit on an in stock vehicle with immediate delivery?
Original deposit (12/23) was for a web configured with estimated delivery of April. Even when I switched to an immediately available pre-configured it took multiple contacts to get a quote, and probably added a week to the eventual timeline of when I got the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is of course highly dependent on the space. I put a deposit on a non available car at South Coast and got a call about it 5 days later.

I recently did the same for an in stock vehicle at Marin and they called me 20 minutes later.

I have not tried doing a trade in with either, but, the sales people of course make a difference. People at the LA Space have also been super responsive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is of course highly dependent on the space. I put a deposit on a non available car at South Coast and got a call about it 5 days later.

I recently did the same for an in stock vehicle at Marin and they called me 20 minutes later.

I have not tried doing a trade in with either, but, the sales people of course make a difference. People at the LA Space have also been super responsive.
They were a bit more responsive once I indicated I was taking the pre-configured. I was dealing with both San Jose and Marin (owned by same Volvo parent company) Once I did get a trade-in value they upped the quote to match one of the online companies. The difference between the trade-in offer and the price I got from Shift paid for the performance pack upgrade in the pre-configured car I bought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Yes it was a pre-configured car. AWD Midnight with no options. Ordered from Charlotte, NC space. Lease (3 year/12K miles) would have been $634 a month, 0 down, and $3600 in taxes, registration, and other fees. So it is cheaper than a Tesla Model 3 AWD with the same lease.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts