Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone was planning on rotating or swapping the wheels front to back... you can't. Inside the hub cover, each rim is clearly marked "Front" or "Rear". This is because of the clearance needed over the PP Brembo brakes, it seems...

at 2:51 onwards...

Registered
That's quite annoying. I've a few other niggles now too. I feel a thread coming on....

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I love the level of OCD in this forum :cool:

The typeface reminds me of that horrible typeface used by LateX in academic institutions...

It's regularly used in translations from far Eastern languages, it seems. At least it's not in the kind of "Chenglish" you get in instruction manuals. It could have said "Be placing the whirling metal blades on the front spindle of powerness, only with 120Nm of tightnessing speaking on the silvery hexagons."...

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure I remember Bjorn saying 120Nm in the video but I must have misremembered :) I'm glad someone could decode my tongue-in-cheek Chenglish :).

Registered
I'm sure I remember Bjorn saying 120Nm in the video but I must have misremembered :) I'm glad someone could decode my tongue-in-cheek Chenglish :).
He definitely said 120, I was primed to hear what he said by reading your review. And despite what Bjorn says, my tire company does use a torque wrench.

Registered
Also the 19" wheels are different front and rear and those have no markings with bad font to notify the user. Will be interesting when they are mixed up and 9" wheels end up at the front with 8" at the rear? Could even be diagonal on the car when only one side is mixed up?

Anyway. On the back of the spokes it's quite easy to see the rim dimensions and ET and the rear should be 9X19ET53.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, that's not clever, not marking them! I shall need to remember that when I get all-season tyres put on!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

Registered
Somebody at Volvo/Polestar must have a fixation about wheels/tires dimensions. The XC40 recharge gets 7.5X19 wheels front and back but 235-50 in front and 255-45 in the back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts