Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a magnesium polestar 2 on order with an estimated delivery in September. I’ve started spotting a few polestars near where I live. I saw a void driving through Coleraine tonight, my wife has seen a thunder in Coleraine too and I’ve seen a midnight charging in Portrush. I’m curious if any Northern Irish owners are on here. Realise we’re only a small subsection of owners here but you never know. I’d be interested in hearing about your experiences of buying in Northern Ireland as I’ve been told I will have to travel to England or Scotland to collect mine when the time comes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a magnesium polestar 2 on order with an estimated delivery in September. I’ve started spotting a few polestars near where I live. I saw a void driving through Coleraine tonight, my wife has seen a thunder in Coleraine too and I’ve seen a midnight charging in Portrush. I’m curious if any Northern Irish owners are on here. Realise we’re only a small subsection of owners here but you never know. I’d be interested in hearing about your experiences of buying in Northern Ireland as I’ve been told I will have to travel to England or Scotland to collect mine when the time comes.
Hi, I'm based in County Down - I'm considering geting one of the lower spec Polestars as car looks great in photos and has good reviews. I haven't seen one in the metal yet so will hang fire until then

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I'm based in County Down - I'm considering geting one of the lower spec Polestars as car looks great in photos and has good reviews. I haven't seen one in the metal yet so will hang fire until then

We’ve seen the thunder again this week so there’s definitely at least one in Coleraine. Mines showing September at present for delivery. Will then have to see how delivery works out and where I need to pick it up. Bit of extra hassle but I think it’ll be worth it.

·
Registered
Polestar 2
4 Posts
Hello there, I've had my Polestar since mid-February. I like to claim that I'm the first Polestar driver in Northern Ireland. This is absolutely not true, as the delivery driver told me he'd been delivering Polestars on numerous occasions before I got mine, but mine was the first Polestar I'd seen and hence I'm claiming to myself that I'm the first! I saw one other Polestar in April and then saw 2 last Friday when I was in Belfast. They are still very rare, and people regularly stare at the car and ask me about it.

Mine is a company lease, and the car was delivered to my place of work, which was a great service.

It's a great car and I'm enjoying it more than I dared hope considering I took such a major leap into the unknown. When it arrived, I had yet to drive any type of EV. Hopefully you'll enjoy yours just as much when it arrives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello there, I've had my Polestar since mid-February. I like to claim that I'm the first Polestar driver in Northern Ireland. This is absolutely not true, as the delivery driver told me he'd been delivering Polestars on numerous occasions before I got mine, but mine was the first Polestar I'd seen and hence I'm claiming to myself that I'm the first! I saw one other Polestar in April and then saw 2 last Friday when I was in Belfast. They are still very rare, and people regularly stare at the car and ask me about it.

Mine is a company lease, and the car was delivered to my place of work, which was a great service.

It's a great car and I'm enjoying it more than I dared hope considering I took such a major leap into the unknown. When it arrived, I had yet to drive any type of EV. Hopefully you'll enjoy yours just as much when it arrives.

Good to hear the positive experiences. Yeah, it’s still pretty uncommon to see one. I know what you mean about the leap into the unknown. I’ve never driven and EV either.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts

Having no real information or authority, but being a long time member on this forum with many posts, by the lack of authority vested in me, I hereby declare you, P McGinty, the first Polestar owner in Northern Ireland.

All others are posers, and should be forced to drive 2012 Chevy Volts for 30 days.

·
Registered
Ioniq P45, E-Niro (Previously P2 and TM3)
955 Posts
All others are posers, and should be forced to drive 2012 Chevy Volts for 30 days.
Fighting talk! :p

1. We recently changed our electricity supplier and can charge our Ampera off-peak for 5p a kWh, which equates to just over a cent per mile.
2. To do this i set up the charge delay function, plugged in, and left it to it. worked first time and every time....
3. No range anxiety with an Ampera....just 4+ miles per kWh and a tank full of jungle juice if you need it.
;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having no real information or authority, but being a long time member on this forum with many posts, by the lack of authority vested in me, I hereby declare you, P McGinty, the first Polestar owner in Northern Ireland.

Not sure I’ve seen a Chevy Volt in Northern Ireland either. Maybe a Vauxhall Ampera would do?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fighting talk! :p

1. We recently changed our electricity supplier and can charge our Ampera off-peak for 5p a kWh, which equates to just over a cent per mile.
2. To do this i set up the charge delay function, plugged in, and left it to it. worked first time and every time....
3. No range anxiety with an Ampera....just 4+ miles per kWh and a tank full of jungle juice if you need it.
;)
Oops, now I’ve put my foot in it too 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts

Really impressed you bought it without seeing one and glad you are enjoying driving it. I expect I'll catch a glimpse of one soon. Would be great if Polestar brought a demo over here for 2-3 days

·
Registered
182 Posts
I test-drove one, then placed an order. Then had to test-drive it again because apparently it's quite, quite disrespectful to your partner if you don't consult them in the slightest when you're making a 54k purchase of a new car. Oops. Got the thumbs up after that though, so lesson not learned.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Really impressed you bought it without seeing one and glad you are enjoying driving it. I expect I'll catch a glimpse of one soon. Would be great if Polestar brought a demo over here for 2-3 days
I bought (leased, so not as much of a gamble) mine without seeing or driving one, and have not looked back. Definitely the best car I've owned.

·
Registered
Polestar 2
4 Posts

I don't think you can get any more official that that!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,120 Posts
Hey, a number of us owned a Vauxhall Ampera for some years and it was brilliant for its time! Hooked me on EVs in no uncertain terms. Way ahead of its time and still largely unmatched in the plug-in hybrid offerings from most manufacturers.

Reactions: NeillC

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have mine since October. Live up in donegal. Been in Scotland for a week in camper never saw one. Been in London 5 days now without spotting one, when about every 3rd car is electric or hybrid. Met delivery driver dropping off 2 at agnews Belfast. He reckons he has delivered about 30.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have mine since October. Live up in donegal. Been in Scotland for a week in camper never saw one. Been in London 5 days now without spotting one, when about every 3rd car is electric or hybrid. Met delivery driver dropping off 2 at agnews Belfast. He reckons he has delivered about 30.
How recently was this at agnews. Wonder have they started delivering to Belfast then. Would make handover a bit more straightforward for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I emailed Polestar to ask if they have any plans to provide a test drive opportunity in Northern Ireland or Southern Ireland in near future - and they replied no.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts