Polestar Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m close to getting mine. Id offered to fly over and pick up if they delivered to Liverpool where my brother lives. Was meant to happen yesterday but I got a call a few days ago to say there was a delay in getting the Northern Irish registration back so they had to cancel delivery. As it was their fault they have offered to deliver it to my Coleraine address at no extra cost but don’t know when that will be yet, hopefully in the next few weeks, itching to get my hands on it. If I get it soon and happen to be in Belfast abs it suited id be happy to let you have a nosey. There’s a lot of ifs there though!

As for charging, no experience yet but I believe the public charging in the North can’t be relied on but the South seems better as they charge for it.
Hi NeillC

I have ordered my PS through Alphabet as a company car and have stated that I want it registered in Northern Ireland. Did you have to push Polestar to do this or were they happy to register it in NI at your request? They have advised me that they won't deliver it to NI and that will be up to the lease company to organise but I still want to make sure that I get an NI reg.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Magnesium | Long Range Dual Motor | Plus & Pilot | 19” | Charcoal
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hi NeillC

I have ordered my PS through Alphabet as a company car and have stated that I want it registered in Northern Ireland. Did you have to push Polestar to do this or were they happy to register it in NI at your request? They have advised me that they won't deliver it to NI and that will be up to the lease company to organise but I still want to make sure that I get an NI reg.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
they automatically registered mine to Northern Ireland with an NI number plate. It just took longer! That seemed to be a dvlaNI issue though

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just been offered a salary sacrifice scheme through Tusker. Near immediately ordered a nicely specified 2 without even a test drive. And I'm what would have been called a petrol head.
Tusker have come back and said no dice. They are blaming Polestar for being unable / unwilling to deliver to NI.

I work for a multi national based in Scandinavia. UK head office Birmingham. I said I had no problem collecting the car there. Computer still says no. Some illogical reason about registration in NI? I could care less where it's registered. Don't understand the issue but frustrated. Anyone in a similar position or able to even help me understand the actual problem?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got mine though Lex and they registered it with a GB reg and Polestar delivered to my house. I suspect it may be people not understanding the NI / GB relationship.

a girl in our go business recently apologised for phoning someone in NI at 8.30 GMT and with Ni being an hour behind ……….

Barry

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just been offered a salary sacrifice scheme through Tusker. Near immediately ordered a nicely specified 2 without even a test drive. And I'm what would have been called a petrol head.
Tusker have come back and said no dice. They are blaming Polestar for being unable / unwilling to deliver to NI.

I work for a multi national based in Scandinavia. UK head office Birmingham. I said I had no problem collecting the car there. Computer still says no. Some illogical reason about registration in NI? I could care less where it's registered. Don't understand the issue but frustrated. Anyone in a similar position or able to even help me understand the actual problem?
I got mine though Lex and they registered it with a GB reg and Polestar delivered to my house. I suspect it may be people not understanding the NI / GB relationship.

a girl in our go business recently apologised for phoning someone in NI at 8.30 GMT and with Ni being an hour behind ……….

Barry
Can I ask when. From reading here I can see people have had cars delivered to NI previously. Being told that is no longer an option.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Can I ask when. From reading here I can see people have had cars delivered to NI previously. Being told that is no longer an option.
Hi
Most of the Northern Ireland based leasing companies will supply you one.
Mine came from Agnew leasing

41 - 51 of 51 Posts