Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

Registered
Sounds like a big problem! Does pretty much everyone have this issue, or do most/some people have no problem charging their iPhone? I just ordered my car on Monday, so I鈥檓 new here馃槉

Registered
2021 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus 20"
I just stopped trying to charge my iPhone 12 Pro Max in my PS. It only get鈥檚 very hot.

Purchased a 20cm USB-C to lightning cable and charge my iPhone face down on the charging mat.
I have done the same... my iPhone 12 Pro (in an Invisible Shield / Gear4 case) charges so slowly and gets so very warm that it's not worth the hassle, so I just store my phone on the opposite side from the charger (where the USB ports are) and keep a short USB-C to lightening cable (Anker - from Amazon) if I ever need a charge. Tried it without the case and results were the same. Hopefully 2.2 might bring some improvement.

Registered
2021 LRDM Midnight Pilot Plus 20"
iPhone 12 Pro user here. When I try to wirelessly charge in my P*2, my phone gets very hot and barely charges, if it does at all.

Unlike some other people reporting this issue, I don't know if my phone would work on another wireless charger. I've never tried it and don't have access to one.
I don't this this is what people are complaining about. That the phone just won't charge wirelessly period, like it isn't activating the charge process.

People, including myself, are saying that the charge indicator is on, but the phone barely charges at all and gets very hot.
I use Anker, Belkin and Mophie wireless chargers at home and in the office with my iPhone 12 Pro, with the case on, and they all work fine. In my P2 the phone gets very hot and barely charges - exactly the same as you describe. I have a 2021 launch DMLR without the heat pump, but charging my phone compensates for that and warms my hands up nicely! Who would of thought an issue could actually be a hidden feature! Next winter, turn off the cabin heating to sabe battery and get the family to gather round the phone charger for some warmth, or use the heated phone as a handy hand warmer!

Registered
Sounds like a big problem! Does pretty much everyone have this issue, or do most/some people have no problem charging their iPhone? I just ordered my car on Monday, so I鈥檓 new here馃槉
No not everyone. Mine works absolutely 100% fine. My phone is an iPhone 13 Pro, my wife uses a 12 Pro Max, my daughter a 12 Pro Max, and my other daughter a 12. I then also have a few phones for other purposes that I also tried which is a Nokia and a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. All are totally fine as well.

I hope that the update doesn't screw it for me 馃ぃ

Registered
Mine still randomnly stops charging after a while but continues to show the charging icon on the main screen. Both phone and pad get crazy hot. Nothing realy changed. As for CarPlay, not planning to use it. The Android system is just marvelous as is!

Registered
Just got my car. Wireless charging does not work well for my Pixel 6 :_( Gets very hot and doesn't charge much of at all. Have tried without case, different phone orientation and position. All the same. Could it be a defective charging unit?

Registered
Just got my car. Wireless charging does not work well for my Pixel 6 :_( Gets very hot and doesn't charge much of at all. Have tried without case, different phone orientation and position. All the same. Could it be a defective charging unit?
I would say most people that report on their wireless charging experience on any phone report a similar problem, including me (though I have an iPhone 12 Pro). But some people, seemingly a small minority, say it works fine.

I don't know what the issue is. I'm considering contacting Polestar, but I wish I had another wireless charger to test with first.

Registered
The test driving car I tested didn't have the problem with the wireless charging pad that the rental car I tested before did, where my iPhone got burning hot. Now it was only normal hot like it gets on any wireless charger and it did actually charge fast. The test driving car was on version 2.2 as far as I know and the release notes do say there were wireless charging fixes for iPhones so it might be why.

Registered
Works fine on a pixel 5, use it every day. Warms up slightly but certainly wouldn't call it hot. That's taking it out of the case. If I don't take it out of the case it struggles and barely charges, the case is a thin ish clear rubber edged plastic back type thing, maybe there's something in the plastic or couple of mm distance is enough to upset it, but works fine out of the case

81 - 100 of 118 Posts