Polestar Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would say most people that report on their wireless charging experience on any phone report a similar problem, including me (though I have an iPhone 12 Pro). But some people, seemingly a small minority, say it works fine.

I don't know what the issue is. I'm considering contacting Polestar, but I wish I had another wireless charger to test with first.
I have used several cheap wireless chargers with this phone and they all work very well even with the case on. No heating issues even when I didn't have AC in my apartment and it was like 82F. So it's definitely an issue with the polestar charger. Either a defective unit, or something is wrong with the software and how it's trying to charge the phones.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, LRDM, MY22
5 Posts
My Pixel 6 Pro gets really warm and if charging at all, I'm only getting a few percent. The guy at my workshop I was talking to had the same issue in his Volvo XC40 (which apparently has the same wireless charging pad installed), and he told me that there currently was nothing to do. Anyone got a solution to the problem from their workshop?

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Is anyone having problems with wireless charging on the Polestar 2? I get a spotty inconsistent connection and charging with my Pixel 6 Pro. It mostly does not work.
I’ve tried my s8 and s10 with no issues but not tried the pixel 6 pro I got my wife as she sits in the back with the baby so she just plugs in.

I will say though I get better charging and less heating with the charging port facing out then I do with them facing in on the s8 and s10.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I’ve tried my s8 and s10 with no issues but not tried the pixel 6 pro I got my wife as she sits in the back with the baby so she just plugs in.

I will say though I get better charging and less heating with the charging port facing out then I do with them facing in on the s8 and s10.
That is how I always put my phone in, find it the only natural way as otherwise you'd have to do some magic flip and twist when getting it in and out....Never had an issue with any of ours...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pixel 6 Pro and my wife has a Pixel 5

Never had an issue wirelessly charging until about a week ago. Now both devices only charge for a couple minutes then stop charging. No change in heat/temp

Either the pad in the P2 is faulty or the devices are experiencing issues.

I'm inclined to think it's the devices as there have been wireless charging issues with Pixels in Android 13 even on the official Google Pixel Stand and Pixel Stand 2.

Frustrating, for sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My phone (Pixel 6 Pro) charges a little initially. Then it gets too hot, and then it doesn't charge at all, and then it actually drains the battery faster than just not using the mat at all. So, I carry a USB-C-to-C with me in my car if I want to charge my phone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My car’s wireless charger normally takes a couple of seconds before it kicks in, but it works. And like all other wireless chargers it’s much slower than wired charging so it’s horses for courses. I didn’t choose my spec based on whether wireless charging was included, and it’s a bit OTT in my opinion to compare that feature to parking aids. But I guess some things are more important to some than they are to others.

·
Registered
Magnesium LRSM
6 Posts
My phone (Pixel 6 Pro) charges a little initially. Then it gets too hot, and then it doesn't charge at all, and then it actually drains the battery faster than just not using the mat at all. So, I carry a USB-C-to-C with me in my car if I want to charge my phone.
Have you Pixel guys tried turning the phone around? I was getting spotty charging with Pixel 6/6a and when inserting the phone bottom first, it works fine.

·
Registered
2022 polestar 2
7 Posts
Iphone 14 pro with official apple leather case. Phone got soo hot it went into shutdown heat protection mode. Battery was less charged than i started with.

my moto g android phone with no camera bump has no issue.
I think the larger the camera bump/case the bigger the issue when it comes to charging with the current charger design.

also in two other cars with wireless charging locations ive seen small air vents where they pump cool air in to help since wireless charging will always make some heat, unfortunately the more missaligned or distance between the charging pad and phone the more resistance and more temperature created.

im just going to pick up the brodit mount and use that going forward.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts