Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to share the positive start and experience I've had with the car so far, and hope to hear more stories too.

For those looking for approx. timelines:
  • Ordered as company lease - end of September
  • Order approved and processed (hopefully to get to this step has improved for new orders) - end of October
  • Arrived in UK - early December
  • Delivered - just before Christmas.

VIN was my original order number (149*), not the new one I was given when car arrived in UK (157*) - not quite sure what happened there.

Delivery was by driver - a little surprising as no notification of this in advance, and I live ~90 miles from depot in Banbury. I would normally be rather annoyed at not having my new car delivered on a transporter, but with the current situation I was more concerned about getting the car at all. Delivery guy, in Volvo jacket, said it was going to be more common for them to do it this way due to volume of deliveries. Might be nice if they just dropped a few at Volvo dealership and they handled the PDI, and customer handover. Driver had at least recharged car and had it hand valeted before handover - fully masked and gloved up with protective covers on seats.

Went through the pioneers checklist - thank you all for contributions to this! Car was delivered with zero faults, and was missing only the jack/holder/wrench and the first aid kit. I contacted Polestar and they ordered with no issues to my local Volvo dealership.

Handover took about 1 hour, with full walk through of car, system checklist and inspection. Signed digitial forms, delivery driver called taxi and I was off to start a new journey. Put on a few miles now (but not the cross country trips I was planning) - due to lockdown not had chance to do more than show how bad the consumption is with combination of cold weather (around 2-3 degrees C), short journeys and me giving it some welly (accompanied by childish giggling).

I'm sure there will be "fun" along the way, but just wanted to share the positive start I've had with my Polestar. Oh, and some photos to prove it was real ;-)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
Just wanted to share the positive start and experience I've had with the car so far, and hope to hear more stories too.

• Order approved and processed (hopefully to get to this step has improved for new orders) - end of October

VIN was my original order number (149*), not the new one I was given when car arrived in UK (157*) - not quite sure what happened there.

Delivery was by driver - a little surprising as no notification of this in advance, and I live ~90 miles from depot in Banbury. I would normally be rather annoyed at not having my new car delivered on a transporter, but with the current situation I was more concerned about getting the car at all. Delivery guy, in Volvo jacket, said it was going to be more common for them to do it this way due to volume of deliveries. Might be nice if they just dropped a few at Volvo dealership and they handled the PDI, and customer handover. Driver had at least recharged car and had it hand valeted before handover - fully masked and gloved up with protective covers on seats.

Went through the pioneers checklist - thank you all for contributions to this! Car was delivered with zero faults, and was missing only the jack/holder/wrench and the first aid kit. I contacted Polestar and they ordered with no issues to my local Volvo dealership.

Handover took about 1 hour, with full walk through of car, system checklist and inspection. Signed digitial forms, delivery driver called taxi and I was off to start a new journey. Put on a few miles now (but not the cross country trips I was planning) - due to lockdown not had chance to do more than show how bad the consumption is with combination of cold weather (around 2-3 degrees C), short journeys and me giving it some welly (accompanied by childish giggling).

I'm sure there will be "fun" along the way, but just wanted to share the positive start I've had with my Polestar. Oh, and some photos to prove it was real ;-)

View attachment 2716 View attachment 2717 View attachment 2718 View attachment 2719 View attachment 2720 View attachment 2721 View attachment 2722
Fantastic photos!
I was saying to my girlfriend this morning that my car seems to *pop*on grey cloudy days.
I think it’s the sparkling & varied conversation that keeps her on the hook.

·
Registered
133 Posts

View attachment 2716 View attachment 2717 View attachment 2718 View attachment 2719 View attachment 2720 View attachment 2721 View attachment 2722
Nice to hear a 100% positive order-to-handover story. I think Polestar realise that many others were not so fortunate. As documented elsewhere in the forum, I ordered in June and still do not have my ordered vehicle - they have now loaned me a PS2 demonstrator until the damage they found the day before scheduled handover is repaired.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
615 Posts
Great first experience for you it seems. You will get to enjoy her properly soon I am sure. I’m the same as you at present in that car has been sitting idle for days with just over 1000 miles on the clock. Oh and her indoors has just tested positive for COVID so I’m out for 10 days anyway!!! What was that thread about scrapping your missus again? 🤪😎

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all - downside of living in the country is the amount of mud, so car no longer looks quite so shiny and new.

No real issues so far, but nowhere near the miles I should be doing this time of year, so hard to judge. Only software issues are the 4G dropout, and now cant connect to home wifi or mobile hotspot. Weird thing is,on the latest software and was working fine... Off to contact Polestar CS.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
The more people that report 4G drop-out, the more it bubbles up the priority list to be fixed...

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Not seen any so far. I've ordered a couple of green flashes (stickers) for my number plates to see how they look.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Glad you had a great experience. Mine was delivered yesterday and subsequently rejected. This is how it was delivered off the transporter. No response at all from Polestar and I have never had a new car delivered in such a poor state.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Glad you had a great experience. Mine was delivered yesterday and subsequently rejected. This is how it was delivered off the transporter. No response at all from Polestar and I have never had a new car delivered in such a poor state.
Missing photo(s)?
Shame about your experience!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad you had a great experience. Mine was delivered yesterday and subsequently rejected. This is how it was delivered off the transporter. No response at all from Polestar so far and I have never had a new car delivered in such a poor state!
Missing photo(s)?
Shame about your experience!
Apologies

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks like someone's gone over that with a Brillo pad 😟. What a bummer - I hope Polestar will sort it out for you soon.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
W T F ???

That's terrible!!! I honestly shocked anyone would deliver your car in the state!! Polestar should be ashamed for that!

·
Registered
22 Posts
W T F ???

That's terrible!!! I honestly shocked anyone would deliver your car in the state!! Polestar should be ashamed for that!
Yeah to say I was disappointed is a mild understatement. I finally got hold of Polestar just now and its on the list for them to discuss in their internal handover meeting and they assured me they will respond at some point today. I told them I would prefer a local reputable detailer to work on that paintwork, rather than the company they are currently using for this handover. There was even a large amount of oil/grease in the footwell from the BCA transporter driver.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts