Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Launch Ed | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted | ceramic coated
255 Posts
The cable conundrum

A) short cable
Pro: stealth, minimal clutter, just leave it plugged in to car so less fiddling getting in and out of car.
Con: when you are at a stop or want to look at the phone, have to unplug it.

B) Long cable
Pro: you can pick up phone when you need to and look at it without having to unplug it.
Con: long cable to coil up, or hang all over the console, unsightly, and likely want to unplug and put away in between drives.

·
Registered
P2 '22 | LRDM | PPP | Snow
23 Posts

·
Registered
Launch Edition since Oct 20. 25k miles driven.
2,423 Posts
The cable conundrum

A) short cable
Pro: stealth, minimal clutter, just leave it plugged in to car so less fiddling getting in and out of car.

B) Long cable
Pro: you can pick up phone when you need to and look at it without having to unplug it.
Con: long cable to coil up, or hang all over the console, unsightly, and likely want to unplug and put away in between drives.
Always happy to help a young lady-
Product Eyewear Gadget Font Audio equipment

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cable conundrum

A) short cable

B) Long cable
If you so much as touch your phone in the UK whilst in control of a vehicle, you're half way towards getting banned from driving, so a long cable isn't a primary concern here!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you so much as touch your phone in the UK whilst in control of a vehicle, you're half way towards getting banned from driving, so a long cable isn't a primary concern here!
We need something that strict here in the U.S.--or at least here in SoCal, where I lose count of all the offenders.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice. I pulled the trigger on this guy (suggested in another thread):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095NDB7Y5?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Dig the woven look. Haven't had a chance to try it yet as 2.2 hasn't made it to me yet.
I also use that cable. I've found it fits better in this orientation. It blocks the other USB port but I don't use it. My iphone 12 pro has a magsafe wallet stuck to the back which blocks wireless charging.

The braided jacket shows some wear after six months of connecting and disconnecting.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Nickel Automotive exterior
Hood Black Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The cable conundrum

A) short cable

B) Long cable
When the point is to use the cable to use Apple CarPlay then surely that is so you don't have to pick up your phone. Correct answer is A 👍

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Thunder, Pilot, Plus
87 Posts
I also use that cable. I've found it fits better in this orientation. It blocks the other USB port but I don't use it. My iphone 12 pro has a magsafe wallet stuck to the back which blocks wireless charging.

The braided jacket shows some wear after six months of connecting and disconnecting.

View attachment 15057 View attachment 15058
Are the two USB ports identical? The manual says they are both USB C's but they look different and my short cable USB C connector doesn't feel right when inserted.

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,135 Posts
Are the two USB ports identical? The manual says they are both USB C's but they look different and my short cable USB C connector doesn't feel right when inserted.
No. The one with the white circle is connected to the IHU for data, the other is power only

1 - 20 of 49 Posts