Polestar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be useful to give you a run through of my post update experience so far. Delivery yesterday. The handover process was good. Graham from the Bicester depot ( nearish Oxford for our North American friends) arrived on time and as per a call he made a couple of hours earlier. Unfortunately it was pouring with rain but I sat in the car and he ran through some of the necessary items. Good man. I went through the check list so handily provided by a fellow forum member. To be honest I was not particularly looking forward to the car arriving as so many negative thoughts were going in my head, range, rear windows, duff software, etc. The only thing that I am rather confused about is that the rear windows DO move sideways by up to 10mm. My question is why? Why have Polestar allowed the car to be delivered with this so obvious negative. Any rudimentary check prior to full production should surely have found this. However, they are water tight and don't rattle ( yet!) so I am getting a bit cooler with this. The set up with my phone was really painless and took a couple of minutes. We tried to see if Wi Fi would work but unfortunately although my neighbours garage connection was showing, my superfast Virgin broadband 7 metres away did not. Seems as if I need to adjust something there. As we don't really need Wi Fi as yet as no OTA updates this is not a major problem.
As for the car. I have driven a total of 63 miles so far and enjoyed every moment. It is fun. It is a joy to drive. The audio is great ( I just leave it on all car surround sound!). No glitches with the software. The 4G did drop out for a few seconds after I returned to the car following a coffee stop but no problem yet with this.
Tried charging with the provided cable and, as mentioned in another thread, could not connect to a 22kw pod point even though it said I was and was charging. No problem when I connected to a nearby 7 kw pod point but it was only charging at 10 miles per hour. Not sure of the math but is this about 3kw?
So first impressions are largely positive. The range is not really an issue for me as I don't tend to drive huge distances each day but I do hope that I can get nearer the 233 mile epa! I do hope that this good experience continues. Deep breath and relax!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thought it might be useful to give you a run through of my post update experience so far. Delivery yesterday. The handover process was good. Graham from the Bicester depot ( nearish Oxford for our North American friends) arrived on time and as per a call he made a couple of hours earlier. Unfortunately it was pouring with rain but I sat in the car and he ran through some of the necessary items. Good man. I went through the check list so handily provided by a fellow forum member. To be honest I was not particularly looking forward to the car arriving as so many negative thoughts were going in my head, range, rear windows, duff software, etc. The only thing that I am rather confused about is that the rear windows DO move sideways by up to 10mm. My question is why? Why have Polestar allowed the car to be delivered with this so obvious negative. Any rudimentary check prior to full production should surely have found this. However, they are water tight and don't rattle ( yet!) so I am getting a bit cooler with this. The set up with my phone was really painless and took a couple of minutes. We tried to see if Wi Fi would work but unfortunately although my neighbours garage connection was showing, my superfast Virgin broadband 7 metres away did not. Seems as if I need to adjust something there. As we don't really need Wi Fi as yet as no OTA updates this is not a major problem.
As for the car. I have driven a total of 63 miles so far and enjoyed every moment. It is fun. It is a joy to drive. The audio is great ( I just leave it on all car surround sound!). No glitches with the software. The 4G did drop out for a few seconds after I returned to the car following a coffee stop but no problem yet with this.
Tried charging with the provided cable and, as mentioned in another thread, could not connect to a 22kw pod point even though it said I was and was charging. No problem when I connected to a nearby 7 kw pod point but it was only charging at 10 miles per hour. Not sure of the math but is this about 3kw?
So first impressions are largely positive. The range is not really an issue for me as I don't tend to drive huge distances each day but I do hope that I can get nearer the 233 mile epa! I do hope that this good experience continues. Deep breath and relax!
Turn off WPS on your WiFi and it will see it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Turn off WPS on your WiFi and it will see it
The odd thing is I can turn off the WPS on a couple of my routers, but never succeded on the third router, all the have the same SID. This seemed still to make it invisible. So, I dedicated the least necessary router to polestar and changed its SID. This worked. Might even move it into the garage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
WPS is insecure and aside from incompatibility issues, not just with Polestar, it is not recommend these days, so you’ll find a lot of new devices have it disabled by default. Especially any prosumer or professional kit. Best to set a long password of key phrases (longer is better than complex) and then much easier to connect devices as and when.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts