Polestar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Yesterday I charged my PS and around 75% it stopped on its own but the Charge was set to 100%. After unplugging and plugging it again it charged very slowly. 15 km per hour.
We then decided to unplug it and go to a different charger. But after stopping the charge and pressing the unplug button, as well as closing the lid.
The car said "please unplug the cable" so we could not drive anymore because the cable was already unplugged... So, I tried many things. Restarting the car. Walking away from the car. Trying to charge again (with the outcome that it won't charge at all because it’s not making the locking sound for the charger cause it thinks that the cable is still in...) Then i tried to call polestar connect via pressing the connect button and the screen shows I should press it 2 seconds. Unfortunately, nothing happens. The other parts of the infotainment system work. Pressing the lock and unlock button in the car does not change anything either. It changes automatically back to "unlock charger".
So now I'm completely lost. That such an error is still existing in a released car is a disgrace to Polestars Quality claims... When I told people earlier about it, they said "I'm never going to buy one of those". I'm not as critical as them in this regard but, I'm really shocked nonetheless. The polestar support is not available either. So, I couldn't bring my son to his daycare and a meeting in the morning because of my new car... Locally Polestar will be available for support from 10am onward, so lets see what they say to this.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

·
Registered
270 Posts
The same happened to me once. It went away on its own after I left the car powered down and locked for 10mins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried a few minutes ago and now it works again. But this issues is major in my opinion. I called Polestar and asked if I could submit Log files for this. And they agreed that I'm going to go to a car dealer, and they will then forward this to the software developers. The fact that the connect button for the support call did not work is worrying too. If this was the case for the SOS button then this would be another major issue. Hopefully, they can find the issues and fix it with a next software update.

So, the list that I found in this situation:
  • Charged only to 75% even though 100 was set up.
  • second charging very slow
  • after unplugging cable "caböe still connected message"
  • polestar connect button dose not work

·
Registered
581 Posts
Until today, noone was able to locate the misterious manual cable release.
post #3

·
Registered
270 Posts
He wrongly assumes this is the release. This is actually the belt holder.
Until today, noone was able to locate the misterious manual cable release.
There is a long thread in the German forum. One user even dismantled the trunk and could not find a physical cable running to the plug.
My Volvo/PS-Service Center admitted there is no mechanical emergency release and the manual is wrong.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be a huge issue if this bug reappaears and people cannot use their car. Polestar is quite open to liability issues there i think. If a charging company lets the car be towed away if it is not being charged or other situations. And of course the value loss attached to a not usable car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm confused by all this talk of the emergency release. This problem was the complete opposite - the original poster didn't have a cable connected but the car thought he did, and so wouldn't let him drive away.

This was not a scenario about a stuck cable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When ever a "deadlock" software problem occurs with the car it need a reset.

As the majority of the PS owners doesn't have diagnostic tool to reset the CEM (central electronic module) unit in the car to make a manuell reset a sleep reser is needed.

The car goes to deep sleep as soon as the 12v doesn't need to be charge any more from the 400v system.
This takes about 10 minutes from cooling fan stoped and car being locked.

So when there is strange problems try to lock the car and wait 15 minutes and try again..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here.
Got the car just 2 days ago.
Happy I was close to home. They told me to leave the car for a while.
This morning I have to check again if it works else it has to be towed. Unbelievable.

Hello,
Yesterday I charged my PS and around 75% it stopped on its own but the Charge was set to 100%. After unplugging and plugging it again it charged very slowly. 15 km per hour.
We then decided to unplug it and go to a different charger. But after stopping the charge and pressing the unplug button, as well as closing the lid.
The car said "please unplug the cable" so we could not drive anymore because the cable was already unplugged... So, I tried many things. Restarting the car. Walking away from the car. Trying to charge again (with the outcome that it won't charge at all because it’s not making the locking sound for the charger cause it thinks that the cable is still in...) Then i tried to call polestar connect via pressing the connect button and the screen shows I should press it 2 seconds. Unfortunately, nothing happens. The other parts of the infotainment system work. Pressing the lock and unlock button in the car does not change anything either. It changes automatically back to "unlock charger".
So now I'm completely lost. That such an error is still existing in a released car is a disgrace to Polestars Quality claims... When I told people earlier about it, they said "I'm never going to buy one of those". I'm not as critical as them in this regard but, I'm really shocked nonetheless. The polestar support is not available either. So, I couldn't bring my son to his daycare and a meeting in the morning because of my new car... Locally Polestar will be available for support from 10am onward, so lets see what they say to this.

Any ideas or similar experiences?

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
Just picked up on this thread. I'll update the FAQ. If anyone else finds a mistake in there please do let me know...

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
896 Posts
Same problem here.
Got the car just 2 days ago.
Happy I was close to home. They told me to leave the car for a while.
This morning I have to check again if it works else it has to be towed. Unbelievable.
has this been resolved? How’d it all go down in the end?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts