Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making the change for winter tyres, I was a bit surprised to see that the front dampers aren't golden (but the back ones are). I thought all Ohlins dampers were golden but maybe this is a wrong assumption?

The front looks like this:
IMG_9509.jpg
While the back looks golden as I expected:
View attachment 1926

There are no markers or branding from what I could see on the front dampers. I guess OEM from Ohlins aren't marked Ohlins then!

If someone else having a PP could check, that would be great 馃檹

(don't take me wrong, I do not suspect Polestar to put normal dampers on PP on purpose, but a human error somewhere can always happen!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well well well...forget about this thread, I actually found how to check if theses are Olhins or not (must be tired)

Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
Ze liddle grey zells working well there! :)

Registered
I agree with your initial concern Fabrice, it does seem a bit odd given their promotional materials clearly show gold at the front. I'd think worth a follow up call at the least - other brands make adjustable dampers, so would hope they didn't have a raid a different parts bin due to low supply or something.

Images from Polestar 2 performance package and Polestar marketing photos.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot Jeff!!! Then my initial concern is back :(
I will contact Polestar support tomorrow and let you know what they say.
If anyone with a PP could take a look and tell us, that would be great 馃憤

Registered
What does the QR code read?

Making the change for winter tyres, I was a bit surprised to see that the front dampers aren't golden (but the back ones are). I thought all Ohlins dampers were golden but maybe this is a wrong assumption?

The front looks like this:
View attachment 1925
While the back looks golden as I expected:
View attachment 1926

There are no markers or branding from what I could see on the front dampers. I guess OEM from Ohlins aren't marked Ohlins then!

If someone else having a PP could check, that would be great 馃檹

(don't take me wrong, I do not suspect Polestar to put normal dampers on PP on purpose, but a human error somewhere can always happen!)

Registered
What does the QR code read?
That's a good call out - if you can get a better photo of that sticker with the serial numbers and QR code then we can help research it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here you go:

So no brand no logo, is there a way to do a QR code lookup?

Anybody having a PP with golden dampers?

Super Moderator
I know... I was asking if -your- front damper had a gold knob on the bottom. If it does, then it's the Ohlins.

My front dampers are black, the rear ones are gold.

Super Moderator
By the way, the QR just contains the same text that's printed below:-

Barcode formatDATA_MATRIX
Parsed Result TypeTEXT
Parsed ResultP32333158#20200630023#AEPV9

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah! So
I know... I was asking if -your- front damper had a gold knob on the bottom. If it does, then it's the Ohlins.

My front dampers are black, the rear ones are gold.
Ah, ok :) Sorry, I understood it as a general question.
I actually did not check the color of the knob but will do later today or tomorrow and let you know.

Super Moderator
Well if you have any knob at all, you have the Ohlins. These are an OEM part made for Polestar - not surprising you can't find any mention of it on their website.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure at all since other brands make adjustable damper. I would definitely not like to have "normal" dampers, even if adjustable, when I paid for the Ohlins. At first, I was reassured exactly for the reason that they are adjustable but Jeff made this good point that other brands also make this.

Also, the marketing materials clearly show golden dampers on the front. I know these are "only" marketing materials and most likely Polestar do not have to commit to give the exact same ones as the ones represented but still I find the gap to be a bit too big.

I'll go check the colour of the knob as it might indeed give a very good clue and I am waiting feedback from Polestar on this (I've actually asked them why my dampers are not matching at all the ones on the marketing materials and if they can prove me the ones I have are Ohlins).

To be honest, they could also provide Brembo brakes in black color and we should be ok with that, not sure...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts