Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The German forum is reporting that some user can now set the timer/alarm inside the car to pre-condition. Not seen anyone mention it yet in the UK but seems like might have been via latest software on an OTA...they not sure how they have it but have! With the frost i woke up to this morning sure if available you lucky current Polestar owners can make good use of it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This upgraded software looks very useful.
I don’t have this pre-conditioning timer option and when I run the software update check it reports as ‘your system is up to date’.

Does anyone know which version of the software enabled the OTA updates?

·
Registered
442 Posts
With the OTA compatible software, the car is ready and can probably check... But on the Polestar end they aren't ready to start pushing updates.

I wouldn't expect to see updates being sent out with the frequency that we see new SW revisions as loaded onto cars today. Maybe 4 a year or something.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This upgraded software looks very useful.
I don’t have this pre-conditioning timer option and when I run the software update check it reports as ‘your system is up to date’.

Does anyone know which version of the software enabled the OTA updates?
If it rolls out updates like the normal Android OS, it may take a few days for OTA to get to all compatible systems - they tend to trickle updates out to check for unexpected issues. We do a similar technique for mobile apps at my company.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,022 Posts
YEEEEEESSSSSSSS

WHOOP WHOOP

First my software version:
View attachment 2008

and now the new menu to set the schedule

View attachment 2009

View attachment 2010
I also got a right hand drive sound upgrade :

View attachment 2011
Good evening.
I notice that the time set is when the car will be ready for departure rather than the time the heating comes on. So does this mean the time the heating will kick in is dependent on the outside temperature? Earlier if it’s brass monkeys? If so I like it!
And before someone says ‘oh Volvos have been doing that since 1987’, I’ve never owned a bloody Volvo so let me be impressed!
☮ ✌

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yes, it should calculate and adjust the start time depending how cold it is.

This worked perfectly on my last car (not-a-Volvo) so there's no reason it shouldn't work fine on the PS2. Mind you, the speed limit detection was 100% accurate on my last two cars...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes, it does it based on the ambient temperature. My current and last Volvos both do it this way

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
2021 2
1,331 Posts
Just wondering - does that warm up the battery too?
I'll 2nd this ping
do we know if/when battery preconditioning will be made available?
Guessing not this winter - hopefully in time for the next?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it rolls out updates like the normal Android OS, it may take a few days for OTA to get to all compatible systems - they tend to trickle updates out to check for unexpected issues. We do a similar technique for mobile apps at my company.
Sadly not, OTA won't be enabled until next year so you have to go to the dealer :(

1 - 20 of 59 Posts