Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Frustratingly my local Volvo are saying they don't have any new software updates for my car, but I don't have the timed cabin preheating feature as I have the October firmware :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Frustratingly my local Volvo are saying they don't have any new software updates for my car, but I don't have the timed cabin preheating feature as I have the October firmware :(
Contact Polestar directly via your web account - Customer Support in Gothenburg will organise with your local Volvo dealer for the software update (that does exist) to be installed.

They have done this for me, my car is going in on the 14th December for the software update, and to sort out the rattle behind the drivers dash.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
997 Posts
Had a few issues setting multiple schedules. Nothing off & on again didn’t resolve!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
997 Posts
How is everyone getting on with the scheduled heating?
A couple of times I've got in the car just a few minutes ahead of the 'ready for departure' time and there was no sign of any activity. I'm not ruling out my own incompetence at this early stage.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I'll 2nd this ping
do we know if/when battery preconditioning will be made available?
Guessing not this winter - hopefully in time for the next?
No. Only indirectly from any heat transferred from the cabin.
There's no reason on earth that the battery wouldn't also warm at the same time. The heating systems are the same, and the battery is in the loop with the power coming from the wall. It's not like the wall power is able to heat only the cabin without passing current through the battery.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
There's no reason on earth that the battery wouldn't also warm at the same time. The heating systems are the same, and the battery is in the loop with the power coming from the wall. It's not like the wall power is able to heat only the cabin without passing current through the battery.
It may also heat the battery... I don't dispute that. However I don't think it puts a lot in there though.

They might be the same heater, but doesn't mean there isn't a 2 or 3 way by-pass, on each circuit.

After 30mins of preheating the car still uses a ton of energy early fo no obvious reason.

Today's trip was no preheating. Tomorrow's I am going to do it again - I'm still expecting abysmal efficiency early on.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If there was battery heating, why would PS not mention it in their full-colored marketing communications or at least comment now that they are aware of these customers concerns.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,516 Posts
One to feed back to Customer Services Dave...

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
56 Posts
Polestar customer service have said there’s no battery preheating now or in the future....
Hopefully getting Nov 1st update next week

·
Registered
439 Posts
Polestar customer service have said there’s no battery preheating now or in the future....
This makes me more comfortable with my choice to lease. Because as good a car the P2 is, in just a couple of years it's really going to be well behind the competition in terms of the central technology of the car. I don't think these are going to hold their value all that well.

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
wait what..... this would be a major oversight and change compared to what was indicated earlier. This basically means they have no battery heating control system, functionally.

I'm hoping this is yet another disconnect of the technical knowledge base of customer service...

·
Registered
549 Posts
I can't (=don't want to) really believe this.

In August, german CS answered to the question whether the PS2 would allow battery conditioning when navigating to a fast charger like Teslas: "The Polestar 2 does currently not support battery conditioning. We expect this to change in the near future"

·
Registered
549 Posts
Ok, I think we can all relax: A quick shout out in the german forum returned this written answer from CS dated 14.11.:

"The (pre-) heating of the battery and the interior will be possible both while driving and while standing."

Full text:

Sehr geehrter Herr XXX,
vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.
Das (Vor)heizen der Batterie und des Fahrzeuginnenraums wird sowohl während der Fahrt als auch im Stand möglich sein.
Die Steuerung des Antriebes erfolgt bereits mit höchstem Augenmerk auf dessen Effizienz und kann bei Bedarf über OTA-Updates erweitert werden.
Bei weiteren Fragen können Sie uns jederzeit gerne kontaktieren.
Viele Grüße,
Ihr Polestar Team

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
Thanks, krheinwald.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Translated into Yorkshire:

Dear Mr. XXX,
Thank you for your message.
The (pre) heating of the battery and the vehicle interior will be possible both while driving and when stationary.
The drive is controlled with the utmost attention to its efficiency and can be expanded via OTA updates if necessary.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
Your Polestar team

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
56 Posts
I hope that is true I got this:

‘Preconditioning is a climate function which, if possible, attempts to reach comfort temperature in the passenger compartment before departure. It is unfortunately not able to be used to heat the battery.

If there is anything further we can assist with, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
M*****
Your Polestar Team’

to be fair it says “is not able’ rather than never will be able

·
Registered
439 Posts
I hope that is true I got this:

‘Preconditioning is a climate function which, if possible, attempts to reach comfort temperature in the passenger compartment before departure. It is unfortunately not able to be used to heat the battery.

If there is anything further we can assist with, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
M*****
Your Polestar Team’

to be fair it says “is not able’ rather than never will be able
Yes, I read that as a statement of how it is, not what is possible.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
My read of the email @Rentagas got is "the current preconditioning routine is only meant for adjusting the cabin's climate and does not include conditioning of the battery temperature"

Not including any statement about what will be included in later releases.

But also including, implicitly, "I did not understand your question in the slightest but will respond with the utmost confidence that I did"

21 - 40 of 59 Posts