Polestar Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Reading both statements I want to believe @krheinwald 's. I'm putting the UK Customer Service answer down to not having any technical knowledge of the car capability and reading from a script. That may be a little harsh on them, as their answer appears both literal and correct, although it is lifted directly out of the owners manual, word for word.

"Preconditioning" only refers to the cabin when Polestar use it that term, battery pre-heating will likely have a completely separate term if/when they enable it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So I contacted PS CS and requested our cars were booked in to have the software updates top enable pre-conditoining (our software v is Oct 1st), and both cars are booked in on 17th & 18th Dec @ Marshalls WGC respectively - so intrigued to see if it works for us then..!

As an aside I've also raised a query/concern regarding teh driver seat squab on both vehicles - it seems that you can feel a flat square plate under your bum (key semnsor?), almost like theres not enough padding on the seat cushion - anyone else?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry to revive this old thread, but does anyone know what happens if you don't actually drive the car at the scheduled depart time?

Like if I have it set for 8AM but never actually enter the vehicle, how long till the car abandons the scheduled climate temps and turns back off?

I tried doing searches and checking the manual but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
If you get in the car with the key (i.e. turn it on) the pre-conditioning will end and regular climate control functions will begin.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you get in the car with the key (i.e. turn it on) the pre-conditioning will end and regular climate control functions will begin.
Right, I get that. But I mean if I don't even get in the car, how long till it stops by itself?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
It stops at the set time.
For some reason I was thinking you could just set the on time and let it run, and then it would shut off after 15 minutes. I'm going to have to play with this, but at the moment it's of little value to me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
It makes much more sense the way it works: The car starts preheating sooner or later depending on the outside temperature to be ready by the set time. You could try setting the timer ~15mins later to achieve the same.

What is your use case which makes this behaviour unfit for your purpose?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
What is your use case which makes this behaviour unfit for your purpose?
I don't go anywhere 😆

With my old car whenever I did go out I could hit the pre-condition button on the remote or the app and it would warm up for a max of 15 minutes before shutting off.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You can do that now - albeit physically in the car.

That's what the manual preconditioning button does - it activates the system for a short time then shuts off.

I just pop out and tap the button about 15-20 mins before I'm ready to go. A hassle that will be alleviated by the app, and something that they -could- have done using the key easily. On my BMW I could re-program the 'panic' button to do pre-conditioning.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,523 Posts
I could trigger 10 minutes of pre-conditioning on my Ampera back on 2014 - not exactly the latest technology!

Reactions: ProfessorCook
41 - 59 of 59 Posts