Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been covered. My car was delivered only last Friday so I have the latest software installed.
I have set the pre-heating of the car, seat and steering wheel to come on about 5 minutes before I leave and it works really well. The problem I have though is afterwards whenever I get in and start the car again to use during the day the same settings remain. ie the heated seat and steering wheel heating remains on when it may be a lot warmer during the day and using energy. Its not a big deal to switch it off manually but not really ideal. Is this the same for others who have the option?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Apologies if this has already been covered. My car was delivered only last Friday so I have the latest software installed.
I have set the pre-heating of the car, seat and steering wheel to come on about 5 minutes before I leave and it works really well. The problem I have though is afterwards whenever I get in and start the car again to use during the day the same settings remain. ie the heated seat and steering wheel heating remains on when it may be a lot warmer during the day and using energy. Its not a big deal to switch it off manually but not really ideal. Is this the same for others who have the option?
There is a setting to automatically switch them on when getting into the car if the weather is cold. Do you have this enabled? If so they won’t come on automatically when it’s warmer.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Thanks, I don`t think I have but will have a look.
@hedwri is right ... it's under a setting somewhere. I think from memory it's under the Heating Settings.

I have the Defrost front/rear on ... but not the heated seats/wheel.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
But can you set the seats/wheel to come on at a certain time and have it not ever come on if the temp is above x?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
But can you set the seats/wheel to come on at a certain time and have it not ever come on if the temp is above x?
Yes.

Its not clear but scheduling is different to preheating manually and both are different to "Auto" settings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a setting to automatically switch them on when getting into the car if the weather is cold. Do you have this enabled? If so they won’t come on automatically when it’s warmer.
Can you send a photo of this setting please? I cant find it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts