Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Interestingly two of them are "not certified for a towbar". You can't even add one.... That's odd. I thought they were all built to the same standard and a towbar could be added later as with Volvo.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Interestingly two of them are "not certified for a towbar". You can't even add one.... That's odd. I thought they were all built to the same standard and a towbar could be added later as with Volvo.
Maybe everybody's afraid to cut through the plastic, underbody shield now.

Reactions: Snood

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Is there something about the process of inverter/battery heater replacement that makes the tow bar attachment points less structurally sound?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Is there something about the process of inverter/battery heater replacement that makes the tow bar attachment points less structurally sound?
someone posted some photos of their car mid-repair and it didn't look like anything would be damaging the car. Just drop out the battery and inverter unit and replace.

It's probably more that they just want to shift the cars without any fuss.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how PS market the pre-owned cars which have been returned with miles on the clock. What do you reckon the price drop will be ? Or will they be absorbed as PS test-drivers?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Interesting that those are the spec combinations that nobody ordered!

I'm assuming the rejected cars will become demonstrators for dealers, once suitably "fixed", or go out through the auction houses as "sold as seen".

Reactions: Parker

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I disagree about unordered specs -
I’m convinced one is the one I rejected.
I never took delivery as it was broken,
I reckon they’ve fixed it and put on sale. I don’t think they have just made them for potential buyers they are made to order surely

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
They are quite unusual specs though, and why would it be delivery in January not immediate delivery? I could be wrong though of course, and if one of them matches your exact spec then they could well be cancelled/rejected orders. I'd hate to buy one and end up with a low VIN!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
They are quite unusual specs though, and why would it be delivery in January not immediate delivery? I could be wrong though of course, and if one of them matches your exact spec then they could well be cancelled/rejected orders. I'd hate to buy one and end up with a low VIN!
What makes them unusual spec's? There are only 3 main options to pick apart from colour. PP, Leather Seats, & Tow Bar.

They are most probably cancelled orders, as they show no millage and by law they need to advertise it.

As for January delivery vs now ... they probably are backed up and need to priorities those who have paid with a delivery date before xmas.

If you are interested ... as for the VIN number. Sub 10xxx make sure all updates have been done to make sure, also while they are meant to say the millage ... double check.

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
262 Posts
I suspect early order VIN's that been either cancelled by buyers or Polestar have used later VIN's to fullfil the order due to the recall issues. As you said if placing an order now i would hate to find i had a sub 5000 VIN but by buying a stock car for fast delivery then think acceptable. Also a couple are snow and up to a few weeks ago lease companies were saying 70+ snow were available from stock so could be the leftovers.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Why unusual? My choice was:

Snow - I like white cars and we have one already so they will match :)
20" wheels - I like big wheels, 19" are not small but I though why not go for 20" - I've regretted smaller wheels in past
Slate - I prefer two-tone interiors to all black, a bit more contrast and interest I think - but nothing against black at all

Someone on the snow thread has just ordered the same. I don't think any of the above is especially unusual.

You've got me questioning my choices now :) Only thing I would consider changing is interior but I'd rather not ...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why unusual? My choice was:
Snow - I like white cars and we have one already so they will match :)
20" wheels - I like big wheels, 19" are not small but I though why not go for 20" - I've regretted smaller wheels in past
Slate - I prefer two-tone interiors to all black, a bit more contrast and interest I think - but nothing against black at all
Someone on the snow thread has just ordered the same. I don't think any of the above is especially unusual.
You've got me questioning my choices now :) Only thing I would consider changing is interior but I'd rather not ...
Ditto, but I prefer the feel of the smaller wheels so stuck with 19" otherwise, same order :)

·
Super Moderator
2,888 Posts
I didn't say unusual was bad :) but it's very apparent that far fewer Snow cars were ordered than anticipated as there are lots lounging around in the lease car allocation, plus very few people ordered leather, plus very few people ordered 20" rims on a non-PP car. So I stand by my conclusion that these are unusual combinations :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Boring and commonplace ... now you’re just messing with my mind :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: my guess is they are just cancelled orders and the spec is not especially relevant.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts