Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pre-ordered the P2 yesterday. Some findings / questions that others may have answers to:
Note that the USA/Canada model LED headlights will not have the automatic blind out option (due to regulations) which is standard in Europe. It's such a neat feature (Volvo has the same) and in my opinion contributes to safety a lot : no more blinding of other cars when you accidentally leave the high beams on... Just can't get that in North America the regulators don't seem to get this.
Polestar has not yet registered with any of the US or Canadian state or provincial rebate systems. Let's hope they will do so and in time before the funds run out or the schemes gets removed. You can't claim your rebate until the actual sales contract gets signed which is only early 2020.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Don't give up hope just yet. i have realized that over the years regulators are slowly becoming more unified along with automakers consolidating their global efforts. In the end this might mean similar offers for more markets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How much did you have to put down for a deposit? Its unfortunate that only Europe is privy to those incentives, because $7,500 worth of savings brings it a little closer to where the dual motor, AWD Model 3 has been set.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How much did you have to put down for a deposit? Its unfortunate that only Europe is privy to those incentives, because $7,500 worth of savings brings it a little closer to where the dual motor, AWD Model 3 has been set.
Over the past few days I have seen reports saying U.S. dealers are asking for $1000 deposits and in European markets its a similar story at £1,000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts