Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great to hear something. Unclear from that whether this applies to U.S. cars, requiring same parts to be replaced prior to delivery (not sure what they mean by deliveries in US not affected, as they at the very least seem to be delayed). There is still hope :)

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great to hear something. Unclear from that whether this applies to U.S. cars, requiring same parts to be replaced prior to delivery (not sure what they mean by deliveries in US not affected, as they at the very least seem to be delayed). There is still hope :)
I believe the implication is that we are not affected because all those cars will be updated before they are every delivered. What is obvious is that deliveries will be delayed. But we already knew that 😆

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does anyone know whether these two hardware issues could be the cause of the high battery usage for the first few miles on start up?

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
@Ivan1 "The communication does not apply to customers in the US, Canada or Switzerland as vehicles have not yet been delivered in those markets and deliveries will not be affected."

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know whether these two hardware issues could be the cause of the high battery usage for the first few miles on start up?
I think this could be a possibility given this statement:
"The inverters transform the stored energy in the battery into the power required by the electric motors. "

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Despite the last line this must be the source of delay we’ve had. CS indicated they’ve been waiting for a green light to assure that our software and hardware are up to date. And that as a bonus we might get OTA too with this.

now to see if this does allow deliveries to move forward here if our cars have the up to date inverter!

·
Registered
158 Posts
@Ivan1 "The communication does not apply to customers in the US, Canada or Switzerland as vehicles have not yet been delivered in those markets and deliveries will not be affected."
Yes but does that mean it doesn't apply as deliveries have not yet occurred, but the same repairs are planned prior to delivery, or does it mean, the batch of cars in the U.S awaiting delivery are not felt to require parts replacement at this time. That is my question...

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Hey, they're pushing out OTA updates onto the cars at the same time! Every cloud has a silver lining...

I think this is the fix to those cars that have had the mysterious blasting fan noise from time to time, which some owners have then had go on to have battery temperature sensor failures.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Despite the last line this must be the source of delay we’ve had. CS indicated they’ve been waiting for a green light to assure that our software and hardware are up to date. And that as a bonus we might get OTA too with this.

now to see if this does allow deliveries to move forward here if our cars have the up to date inverter!
Yes but does that mean it doesn't apply as deliveries have not yet occurred, but the same repairs are planned prior to delivery, or does it mean, the batch of cars in the U.S awaiting delivery are not felt to require parts replacement at this time. That is my question...
My assessment is that all cars might need some or all of the updates. This will certainly delay any deliveries in the US to December or beyond. Think of the logistical effort needed to get all these new parts to the US, and then perform the replacements and updates on every car in the port. This is not small potatoes. I think we are all going to have to cool our jets a while longer. I think we'll be lucky if we get X-mas gifts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey, they're pushing out OTA updates onto the cars at the same time! Every cloud has a silver lining...

I think this is the fix to those cars that have had the mysterious blasting fan noise from time to time, which some owners have then had go on to have battery temperature sensor failures.
Yes I’ve had this (loud fan noise, no failures yet). Contacted Polestar and the rep said it was normal and expected behaviour, which was total BS. Now confirmed by the recall.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I’ve had this (loud fan noise, no failures yet). Contacted Polestar and the rep said it was normal and expected behaviour, which was total BS. Now confirmed by the recall.
I wonder about this. Most EVs have fans that come on at odd times during charging or even after charging is complete if still plugged in.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
These are random blasts of full fan noise just when locking or unlocking the car, which is a classic sensor mis-read on power-up and resultant panic that the battery is too hot.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These are random blasts of full fan noise just when locking or unlocking the car, which is a classic sensor mis-read on power-up and resultant panic that the battery is too hot.
OK. Because I know Volvos also have the anti-mold feature where the fan will turn on inside the car after it's locked to dry the condenser after the AC has been active.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yep. Walking back to the parked car to find it trying to imitate a hovercraft... no recent charging or fan noise when it was parked up... clearly not normal behaviour.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Oh I think they could say its normal and expected.... Normal as. In lots of people are having the same issue, expected as in you aren't the first to report it :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
My car has been driving ok albeit with the odd random error message and blast of fan noise. So will be glad to get an update 😀

1 - 20 of 305 Posts