Polestar Forum banner

Bizarre tech glitch, or plausible bit of good luck?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test-drove a P2 in Salford this weekend, and was very impressed. Ordered one to lease directly from Polestar on Saturday evening, and saw an (expected) estimated delivery in January. Did the finance checks on Monday, and then woke up to a surprise on Tuesday: the Polestar iPhone app is now reporting delivery in October! The Polestar website says nothing about October (or January) delivery, but it appears to have assigned my car a registration number. No VIN yet, though. Checking again today (Wednesday), nothing’s changed.

What do we think? Bizarre tech glitch that will revert to January as soon as I start believing it? Or possibly plausible, and very welcome?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I also had my order approved today and says Estimated Delivery October but still awaiting the next steps and Polestar ID login so cant track any of these things. From what I gather, they have shipped these cars in massive numbers and if your lucky based on spec/colour they may pluck one out for you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ordering direct from Polestar is the key. I've been looking into it myself but it's about £60/month more than the deal on the non-existent car I don't have

·
Registered
39 Posts
Seems as though its 'Leaseplan' brokers who are really struggling. I went through Arval which are BNP Paribas so I'm guessing they got their order process sorted out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered through arval last week woth my work on a salary sacrifice scheme, not heard anything since HR approved it, but I wasn't expecting to hear anything just yet, an order confirmation would help though so I can start the ev charger install with the grant

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered through arval last week woth my work on a salary sacrifice scheme, not heard anything since HR approved it, but I wasn't expecting to hear anything just yet, an order confirmation would help though so I can start the ev charger install with the grant
I'm on the same scheme. I got my Arval 'Order Approval' on 11/09/2020. Only today did I get formal confirmation from Polestar with estimated delivery in October.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah my order approval was 6 days ago, October is a little early for me but I'll take it when ever I can tbh, although arval originally said January

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ordered directly with Polestar leasing on the 27th Sept. Have a VIN, suggested delivery date of November in the App, but nothing more than "Planning Delivery" in the status page....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah my order approval was 6 days ago, October is a little early for me but I'll take it when ever I can tbh, although arval originally said January
Yea I was pushing for a delivery date throughout as I'm currently inbetween cars. Had a very good opportunity to get out of my PCP last month so took the plunge and now I'm in a temporary runaround. I think they gave me an estimated date of 28th December in anger. (happens to be a bank holiday after Christmas so didn't buy it).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea I was pushing for a delivery date throughout as I'm currently inbetween cars. Had a very good opportunity to get out of my PCP last month so took the plunge and now I'm in a temporary runaround. I think they gave me an estimated date of 28th December in anger. (happens to be a bank holiday after Christmas so didn't buy it).
I've extended my s4 by 6 months so I'm safe till 30/3/21, but it's only a rolling 6 month so can give it back whenever

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
123 Posts
Just called to check on my delivery timelines with a few questions added in for good measure while I was at it:

- will get a notification via email 14 days before scheduled delivery date. I am now assuming in next 7 days or so I should be getting this to hit October deadline.

- confirmed that currently VRM plate will be standard GB plate and not a ‘green’ one which is a shame.

- assured that car will have both recall fixes applied so headlights and software to latest version.

- informed that OTA updates are still planned for Jan 2021.

it’s getting closer.......😁

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just called to check on my delivery timelines with a few questions added in for good measure while I was at it:

- will get a notification via email 14 days before scheduled delivery date. I am now assuming in next 7 days or so I should be getting this to hit October deadline.

- confirmed that currently VRM plate will be standard GB plate and not a ‘green’ one which is a shame.

- assured that car will have both recall fixes applied so headlights and software to latest version.

- informed that OTA updates are still planned for Jan 2021.

it’s getting closer.......😁
who did you order the car through?

Got an order number but havent been invited for the online tracking thing yet.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
123 Posts
Ordered direct from PS...ordered 17th Sept. Also leased direct and have compared other deals since....for the sake of just a few £’s...I stuck with direct route.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Out of interest what are the lease quotes from PS like? Just to compare with me going down the arval salary sacrifice scheme

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
123 Posts
Hi...this depends on so many factors so would need to know your circs to assess properly. My comparison has been based on what I pay now on a PCP, fuel costs, tax etc in order to work through what’s affordable. I know am clear that I will pay a lot over 4 yrs and not ever own the car! To buy outright just isn’t an option for me.

I have put down basic deposit which is 3 months down and have based on 12k miles per year. Basic colour (Void) and 20” wheels (extra) is £624 pcm over 48 months. I got a quote which was £5 less a month but this wasn’t enough to drag me from direct option.

I’ve had to justify all of the above to myself countless times but work on the ‘you’re only here once mentality’. Don’t smoke etc etc. As a comparison just coming out of a 3yr PCP deal and don’t even own this car/have any money in it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Same here, coming out of a 4 year PCP on the BMW 540, I was paying £578 a month for that after a decent deposit. THe balloon payment is about £20k or exactly what its worth, give or take £500. I've had to spend £600 on two new tyres to make it roadworthy and various scrapes will be charged for on pickup.

Putting down 6 months (£3500 give or take) for P*2 with Thunder and no other options and I'm paying £588 for 10k miles. The configurator lets you put in the miles that you drive, the options and will give you a price per month.

For me 3 years cost free motoring, no tax, £150 less in insurance and about £30 a month electric charges (compared to £100+ for petrol) make this a no brainer. I think I'll be saving between 100 and 150 a month overall and in 3 years I can choose another car to lease, maybe the precept if its in production by then :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Jesus, on the salary sacrifice scheme got onto it for £504 pm no deposit with 10k miles but this includes full maintenance, insurance + 2 family members. (Just add charge basically). Must admit makes me feel better about the cost :LOL:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts