Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P2 was delivered yesterday and subsequently had to be rejected.

This is how it was delivered straight off the back of the transporter; scratches and swirls all over and zero preparation

Unfortunately not a single response from Polestar so far.

I have never had a new car delivered in such a poor state and really disappointed with Polestar so far.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
My P2 was delivered yesterday and subsequently had to be rejected.

This is how it was delivered straight off the back of the transporter; scratches and swirls all over and zero preparation

Unfortunately not a single response from Polestar so far.

I have never had a new car delivered in such a poor state and really disappointed with Polestar so far.
View attachment 2903 View attachment 2904 View attachment 2905 View attachment 2906
Fair play to you for sending it back.
I'm sure anyone that works for Polestar would've done exactly the same in your situation.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
That’s bizarre. You have our sympathy. It’s certainly not a new car. Over to Polestar for the backstory. Hope you get a normal nice shiny one soon and look forward to the pictures. This is where you should be able to meet a real person not just speak to one via CS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not acceptable. Is it maybe an older VIN that's been around a while? Lease or purchase (out of interest)?

·
Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar
107 Posts
Wow, I kept my last car for 5 years and it was in better condition than that! Certainly not the usual Polestar experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its a business lease. I have the VIN, not sure how to check how old it is though?
Just a variation of the last 6 digits - basically would have started near to 000001 and now up into the 17,000+ range

So my order (expected Jan/Feb) is VIN 0178xx and is a December built car.

All I was getting at was a VIN of 2000 is older than a VIN of 16000 which may mean it has sat somewhere for a while (or rejected for the paint by someone else)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
I know of at least one car that was rejected a couple of months back due to appalling paintwork scratches like that. It does seem to be Void that shows them up, or is particularly prone to it! If it's a low-VIN car (less than about 6000) then it could be one that was rejected once already.

I've never seen a car delivered so dirty either, that's shocking!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just a variation of the last 6 digits - basically would have started near to 000001 and now up into the 17,000+ range

So my order (expected Jan/Feb) is VIN 0178xx and is a December built car.

All I was getting at was a VIN of 2000 is older than a VIN of 16000 which may mean it has sat somewhere for a while (or rejected for the paint by someone else)
ok cheers, the VIN on this end in 0158xx, which I guess is fairly new

·
Registered
25 Posts
ok cheers, the VIN on this end in 015844, which I guess is fairly new
Yes, so 16000 odd is I believe fairly recent / not an old VIN. There doesn't seem to be much order to it but it should be a recent car.
Just read on another thread that a VIN in the 18000 was delivered in UK 11th December (so clearly not that much logic behind it).

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Mine was delivered on 18th December and is a 150xx so yours is a recent one. Someone though has really messed up on the car preparation! Did you get as far as seeing how many miles were on the clock?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fair play to you for sending it back.
I'm sure anyone that works for Polestar would've done exactly the same in your situation.
How awful, what polestar space did this come from? I'm also getting void,fingers crossed?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine was delivered on 18th December and is a 150xx so yours is a recent one. Someone though has really messed up on the car preparation! Did you get as far as seeing how many miles were on the clock?
Yes it had 12 miles on it. To be honest I am hoping Polestar agree to be being prepped by a professional detailer with a ceramic coating applied. As you and others have mentioned on this forum, Void appears to be a problem colour with very little clear coat. Plus I have zero faith in the company or contractor that attempted to pass that mess off to me as a brand new shiny car in the first place

Failing that I will reject it being redelivered and look at alternatives

I’m keeping the faith for now in the hope that Polestar will come through

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How awful, what polestar space did this come from? I'm also getting void,fingers crossed?
It wasn't from a Space, the UK only have two. I had test drive when they were in my area and it was then ordered remotely.

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
To be fair, I would imagine Polestar are just as shocked as you. I expect they will sort out a local detailer to sort it properly for you.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dear Lord. What a disaster. So sorry you got off to such a bad start. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They do seem to be getting better at solving some problems. And I guess all car co.s have their share of issues.

I did hear somewhere that void doesn't have any clearcoat which might make it more probe to scratches from an eager delivery person with a dirty cloth...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be fair, I would imagine Polestar are just as shocked as you. I expect they will sort out a local detailer to sort it properly for you.
They do seem to be getting better at solving some problems. And I guess all car co.s have their share of issues.

I did hear somewhere that void doesn't have any clearcoat which might make it more probe to scratches from an eager delivery person with a dirty cloth...
Polestar just called me back.
They are willing to restore the paintwork back to factory standard at the same distribution center, but they aren't willing to offer any cost towards a ceramic coating to protect it.

I did point out that I would have expected more from Polestar given the state of the car they first tried to deliver to me and for the inconvenience and disappointment

I also questioned if the Void paintwork for fit for purpose in the first place if it marked so easily when they allegedly prepared it the first time round

The didn’t seem interested in keeping me as a customer, which is a shame, so I think I will be looking elsewhere now

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I'm disappointed for you and with Polestar.

If the car itself is something you would really enjoy... if there aren't any competitors out there in close contention... then an approach might be to have them do their work and then take it to someone yourself and pay to have it fixed and a ceramic coating added. This would probably end up being an extra 1500 pounds, but that extra money might be worth it to you in the end.

When my detailers got my car cleaned up, there were plenty of swirlies and some light scratches. It cost me an extra $450 for them to correct the paint before putting on PPF and a ceramic coating which cost me an additional $3000. That's a ton of money and it's too early for me to objectively say it's worth it. So far, though (naturally), I think I've made a good decision as I plan on keeping this car a very long time.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts