Polestar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has any had a propulsion issue with their car?

My P2 has shutdown today and was towed.

Thanks

Woodstock

·
Registered
2021 2
2,563 Posts
Mind sharing some detail? VIN 4xxx or 5xxx? Did you have the most up to date software following the recall?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Went to my car after work and it was being a twat. Firstly it wouldn't engage the gear (forward or back) saying something about warming up. After a few minutes I followed what our friends on here have said and locked it for 5 mins then got back in.

Strange things were happening where it makes sounds like a printer warming up. Then the warning saying I have a propulsion issue and I should drive it carefully to the nearest workshop. At the same time I could feel the brake peddle pulse.

Pressed the polestar connect button and it worked they responded within a minute (bonus) and after telling my they can advise driving it home which incidentally is the shortest route to the nearest garage they got hold of a technician who also said I don't know of its safe to drive so I drove it home (didn't say it was unsafe and the car told me to drive it carefully. The car basically told me to keep going). Anyway home safe and sound but the warning remains and as the technician had clocked off I wil see him bright and early tomorrow.

Will let you know more as and when.

P. S. I got the December update last week. I regret it

·
Registered
263 Posts
Polestar tech came this morning and said the car won't let him into the software vault. So he drove it to the nearest volvo garage.

Polestar gave me courtesy car for a month and said should it takes longer to get back to them. As an aside they insisted on it being a volvo from the hire car company which made me laugh but its a right gas guzzler they left me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not an exciting update, volvo contacted me today and said it's taken this long to hear from polestar Central technicians and they asked for more info. I kind of expect they will say its working now it had a wobble and crack on but we shall see.

On the plus side 9 days after updating latest software update, they are updating the software again so it seems a new version is ready (I think others have mentioned it in their home countries but not heard about it in UK).

·
Registered
263 Posts
So got my car back, couldn't reproduce the fault. Polestar did a few sessions of remote access and they did some testing of components (flux capacitor or something, I was really paying attention). Anyway no problems found so I have it back.

I suspect ofter she had her tantrum and wouldn't start I tried to drive it before it had fully rebooted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts