Polestar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picked up my new P2 north of Stockholm last week and the Polestar rep could not get my new Sony 1 III to register as a key. Is there a guide anywhere that details how to do a full reset of the system and in what order to reinstall / set up the android app and User in the P2 with a reasonable chance of everything working?

I have searched around several forums, saw the guide on TCAM resetting but I dont really understand what that is or where it fits in with a full reset?

Apologies if this is somewhere right in front of my eyes and I am not seeing it. Thanks in advance for all help given

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have you tried Polstar Customer Support? My car had to visit the workshop to do some kind of reset to pair the keys. At the same time I got P1.7 installed and everything was fine after that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a factory reset option buried in the settings. I had to do that as a last resort to pair my phone to the car and activate the digital key.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,127 Posts
Try creating a new user profile within the car, then deleting your previous profile, removing any "phone as a key" pairing within the app, then uninstall the app. Then create your user profile again in the car, install the app on your phone, log in, and retry going through the pairing to see if it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all. Thanks for your replies. I have tried everything I can think of, all your suggestions and when I get to the end of the process where in the App I can give my car a name (defaults to Polestar 2) - when I continue, nothing else happens. Tried with wifi on/off. Looks like it just cant make the final communication. In the car with my account, it says it has connected. On the phone when I open the app, it says after a bit of waiting, Failed to get paired devices.

Tried this by adding a new profile, or full resetting. Same issue. Always get to this point. Will make contact with PS customer service later in the week.

·
Registered
623 Posts
when I get to the end of the process where in the App I can give my car a name (defaults to Polestar 2) - when I continue, nothing else happens.
I had the same issue, along with a couple of other forum members. New profiles and factory reset didn't work for me (but did for others). It took a software update to bring my Bluetooth/BLE profile back to life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts