Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get a chance to post this because of my brutal work schedule the last week or so... but back on April 28th got to see my first Lucid Air in person... and a Rivian. But honestly, I'm getting bored of Rivians because I see more of them than I see Polestar's... but some of that granted is due to the fact I'm usually driving through Illinois... Anyway, photo attached;

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

For those familiar... yep, that's the EA in Joliet, IL.

Talked to the owner of the Lucid for a bit and he's very happy with it. Got to briefly check out the interior and so on and it seems nice. Big though... you can't see it so well because of the angles here but the car's a LOT longer than our P*2 and a LOT wider. The overall styling is nice though and the interior is nice but not exactly what I'd call sumptuous. The materials seem nice but I wasn't as blown away as I had hoped to be for a car that cost twice what mine did.

I do see exactly what they were going for with the Lucid, but the styling is a little lukewarm in person. Might also be the colour. I also can't get past that white roof... between that and the brown colour it reminds me far too much of the 1972 Dodge Coronet I drove for a couple of years when I first moved to the US with the white vinyl roof. I'd also have a hell of a time getting that thing in my garage... it's already a squeeze with my Polestar because my garage opens onto an alleyway requiring me to turn into it.

113 Posts
I didn't get a chance to post this because of my brutal work schedule the last week or so... but back on April 28th got to see my first Lucid Air in person... and a Rivian. But honestly, I'm getting bored of Rivians because I see more of them than I see Polestar's... but some of that granted is due to the fact I'm usually driving through Illinois... Anyway, photo attached;

View attachment 13607

For those familiar... yep, that's the EA in Joliet, IL.

Talked to the owner of the Lucid for a bit and he's very happy with it. Got to briefly check out the interior and so on and it seems nice. Big though... you can't see it so well because of the angles here but the car's a LOT longer than our P*2 and a LOT wider. The overall styling is nice though and the interior is nice but not exactly what I'd call sumptuous. The materials seem nice but I wasn't as blown away as I had hoped to be for a car that cost twice what mine did.

I do see exactly what they were going for with the Lucid, but the styling is a little lukewarm in person. Might also be the colour. I also can't get past that white roof... between that and the brown colour it reminds me far too much of the 1972 Dodge Coronet I drove for a couple of years when I first moved to the US with the white vinyl roof. I'd also have a hell of a time getting that thing in my garage... it's already a squeeze with my Polestar because my garage opens onto an alleyway requiring me to turn into it.
What a nice line up of EVs . I'm not a pickup guy whatsoever but cool to see the rivian in the pic. I haven't seen one yet but in Canada we never get shit first.

If I had the bucks, I'd definitely look at the lucid air. It looks so nice, however the Mercedes eqs looks really freakin nice too and seems to be overlooked a lot. Its efficiency is awesome and the tech is like a freakin ufo...I think cheaper too. Anyway, I loooooooove my Polestar...I'm happy

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great shot of 3 cool EVs. I LOVE the rivian and am starting to see more.
Saw a lucid on the road last week and I just don't care for the styling at all. I'm sure the tech is cool and I'm glad more ev options exist but it's a weird looking car.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Agree about Lucid’s looks, although it probably has a chance of resonating with anyone cross-shopping Model S. Personally I don’t think the roof/body come across as cohesive, even when they’re both body-colored.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I don’t like the looks of the Lucid, I like it more than a Tesla, but the P2, Taycan and MB Are far better looking cars. I also take it there are no width restrictions in the US as that width may struggle to go through the barriers on some roads in the UK without damage at least.

I don’t like that black knob thing on the bonnet and I don’t like the design of the front wing, that cut or line makes it look like it’s taken damage from a hand saw.

113 Posts
I don’t like the looks of the Lucid, I like it more than a Tesla, but the P2, Taycan and MB Are far better looking cars. I also take it there are no width restrictions in the US as that width may struggle to go through the barriers on some roads in the UK without damage at least.

I don’t like that black knob thing on the bonnet and I don’t like the design of the front wing, that cut or line makes it look like it’s taken damage from a hand saw.
Never noticed the knob on the bonnet. Definitely not into that. What does it do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hope Lucid is successful but their styling isn't my favorite. I've got an R1T with the 'max pack' battery on order, maybe one day it will appear. Until then I'm going to drive the P2 I'm picking up next week.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Despite loving what I know of Lucid engineering I just can’t talk myself into its look, and certainly not at its price.

the Rivian looks cool. I have a placeholder deposit on an R1S. But saw one earlier today in the metal and man, and while i like it’s overall look and specs, that thing is HUGE. Would definitely be an adjustment to get used to it. Will see how big the XC90 EV or ID Buzz are in comparison when they come over.
But at that size, making me strongly question whether we truly need a 6-7 passenger car or just Turo for the X times a year we would actually need that capacity.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
380 Posts
The great thing is the options available to EV buyers - the diversity is superb and it’s not a case of one versus another.

·
Registered
2022 PS2 DM Pilot, 2021 Ionic EV
42 Posts
Do they have a red dot scanning effect and can you replace the EV synthetic whine with robotic voice saying "Humanoids detected. Fire megalasers."?

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Overall, I think it's a good looking car, though I'm not a big fan of the front. It's better than the BMW.

Style is so damned subjective and, of course, it's impossible to be objective when you've already made a choice... But I'm still really happy with how the 2 looks.

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
The two-tone reminds me of cars from the 50s. They commonly had two-tone paint jobs.

I also take it there are no width restrictions in the US as that width may struggle to go through the barriers on some roads in the UK without damage at least.
I can only imagine. I drove my S60 through Europe and in Bremen I had to park in a garage with a car elevator. Scary as all hell. Even the S60 barely fit in the elevator, and once on a floor it was extremely tight to turn around.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Overall, I think it's a good looking car, though I'm not a big fan of the front. It's better than the BMW.
The rear end of the BMW look really weird to me. The i8 rear end always looked like it was about to give birth to a Porsche 911….. and the new BMW have gone for a similar look. The front end beaver teeth look horrible too

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
503 Posts
Reactions: JRRF and Icesingh
1 - 20 of 21 Posts