Polestar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of mine last Thursday. Void Non-PP.

Really enjoying it, but have to note that there have been several odd messages that decide to appear and then go away from time to time.

On the instrument cluster I've had warnings about various functions of the car not being available or working correctly.

So far I've had:

Number plate light not working
Automatic High beam lights temporarily unavailable
Windscreen washer nozzle blocked
Park brake requires service

I usually acknowledge the message and then it disappears and doesn't seem to come back.

It's not occurring every time I drive the car. I'm hoping its a teething issue that an update will resolve.

Any one else having these odd warnings, before I reach out to Polestar support.

And on the matter of Polestar Support gthat reminds me.I also tried the "Connect" button in the car the other day. First time it did absolutely nothing. Second time it was so deafening through the speakers that I had to cancel it. Despite trying to turn down the volume it wouldn't change. I tried all the volume options for in call volume, media volume, notification volume. Nothing seemed to bring it down.

Gave up in the end as I wanted to keep my ear drums.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
680 Posts
At least if/when your interior light fails you'll have a nice bright glow from the instrument cluster.
Seriously though, how long do we keep making excuses for all this bollocks on a brand new £50k car?
(coming from a near 50 year old man who is still very excited to get his)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am getting a bit concerned. The idea was that you asked the experts in IT to use their experience and build an automotive android system that is the best available. All the reviewers. What car. Auto express. Fully charged. etc. etc. Are all raving about the wonderful system. Here we are a couple of weeks into UK deliveries and it just seems to be one software issue after another. Plus delays on the promised keyless entry and others not yet ready. I agree with Dave re his post above. This is a £50000 car. Why are there teething issues? Polestar should have learned from previous EV release experiences and got things right from the get go. At least we have 14 days to try it and return it if we are not satisfied.
Any words of wisdom for an EV newbie?

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
I am getting a bit concerned. The idea was that you asked the experts in IT to use their experience and build an automotive android system that is the best available. All the reviewers. What car. Auto express. Fully charged. etc. etc. Are all raving about the wonderful system. Here we are a couple of weeks into UK deliveries and it just seems to be one software issue after another. Plus delays on the promised keyless entry and others not yet ready. I agree with Dave re his post above. This is a £50000 car. Why are there teething issues? Polestar should have learned from previous EV release experiences and got things right from the get go. At least we have 14 days to try it and return it if we are not satisfied.
Any words of wisdom for an EV newbie?
I don't know about you, but I have never experienced a piece of software that was bug-free at initial launch.

Clearly Polestar has been focused on trying to make sure its hardware had no critical errors, leaving software to Google. For the most part it seems they've succeeded on the hardware front. The most critical bugs there are either already patched (like the 12V issue, which is actually probably software based) - or seem to affect a small minority, few % of deliveries (the battery thermal sensor thing), which is rather unfortunate but seems they are jumping on it as reasonably fast as they could.

Though let's see what I'm saying when my own P*2 shows up and bricks....

And let's see how fast they (Google) can fix the software stuff. Actually, I live a short bike ride from the Googleplex and know a few Googlers (though none who work on Android Automotive unfortunately). Maybe I should go knock on some doors....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just had the message (again):

"Stop safely. 12v battery critical charging fault"

My car allegedly had the updates applied early October..... :mad:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did you ignore it? I did the one time it came up before setting off home and never saw it again.

The collision avoidance made me shit a brick again driving to work this morning though as it randomly kicked in I though it was 'the problem' as it cut the power and flashed a warning. Just updated the software too.

Might have to turn that off...

·
Registered
590 Posts
The odd thing about the various warning messages is that they are not saved and therefore recallable by the driver. When the car shuts down they are deleted. Why??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts