Polestar Forum banner
501 - 510 of 510 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,566 Posts
It was very impressive that time after time, on every stop, he straight away got 150kW charge rate - no sign of rapid gating whatsoever, it just got on with it. Well done Polestar!

·
Registered
948 Posts
It was very impressive that time after time, on every stop, he straight away got 150kW charge rate - no sign of rapid gating whatsoever, it just got on with it. Well done Polestar!
That's also my experience since getting P1.7. I've done a few long trips and 11 out of 12 times, I straightaway got 145+kW.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, 2021, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar, launch edition
512 Posts
That's also my experience since getting P1.7. I've done a few long trips and 11 out of 12 times, I straightaway got 145+kW.
Same here. And if you open the new range app after navigating to a charger you can see the consumption going up and up as the battery heating kicks in. Proves there's some good electron vibes go on! Good job, Polestar!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Same here. And if you open the new range app after navigating to a charger you can see the consumption going up and up as the battery heating kicks in. Proves there's some good electron vibes go on! Good job, Polestar!
Correct. It seems to pull between 3 and 5 kW for battery heating. My calculations were done in the head without proper accounting for altitude and temperature changes, hence the wide range of 3-5.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, 2021, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar, launch edition
512 Posts
In recent days I have driven a mixture of journeys on city roads and motorways.

I have had a 17 mile city journey at 6% of battery and a 40 mile motorway trip at 18% of battery.

That gives a rough range of 225 to 275 for my LRDM.

Is that about average?
It's not really a precise measure at the best of times. Depends on temperature, weather conditions (rain, wind), whether you're climbing a lot, how much regen you're getting and more. I have a launch edition from 2020 and after a 100% charge the range shows 240 miles but to be honest I never really get anywhere near that. In winter I'd hope to get, at most, 170 miles (or less) and in summer I might be lucky to get 200-210 miles. The great thing, however, is my bladder runs out WAY before the battery does, which means a forced pitstop and a rapid charge.

This summer I did a 1,200 mile road trip from London to Scotland and around the Highlands. The London to Glasgow journey saw me stopping for three charges. I think I got over range anxiety fully after about 6 months of driving the Polestar 2, and now I don't even think about it. Planning ahead with a combo of ABRP app and Google Maps is ingrained into my forward planning for long trips.

I hope you enjoy your Polestar 2 and give that accelerator some welly from time to time!

·
Registered
72 Moon P*2 plus pilot performance packs
20 Posts
It's not really a precise measure at the best of times. Depends on temperature, weather conditions (rain, wind), whether you're climbing a lot, how much regen you're getting and more. I have a launch edition from 2020 and after a 100% charge the range shows 240 miles but to be honest I never really get anywhere near that. In winter I'd hope to get, at most, 170 miles (or less) and in summer I might be lucky to get 200-210 miles. The great thing, however, is my bladder runs out WAY before the battery does, which means a forced pitstop and a rapid charge.

This summer I did a 1,200 mile road trip from London to Scotland and around the Highlands. The London to Glasgow journey saw me stopping for three charges. I think I got over range anxiety fully after about 6 months of driving the Polestar 2, and now I don't even think about it. Planning ahead with a combo of ABRP app and Google Maps is ingrained into my forward planning for long trips.

I hope you enjoy your Polestar 2 and give that accelerator from welly from time to time!
Thanks for the response.

I am surprised at my lack of range anxiety.

It helps having a home charger so I can just top it up when I feel the need.

The go faster pedal was pushed very hard on a few of the motorway slip roads. So much fun.

501 - 510 of 510 Posts