Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any details on the upcoming February OTA software release regarding reserve battery and potential charging speeds?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good day, I got the February update in the Volvo Garage yesterday and they confirmed it includes a range improvement by re-allocating 50km of the 70km reserve range @ 0% battery to the 'normal' range 0-100%. So this would mean that the reserve range is still 20km @ 0%, and the normal range will increase by 50km. fast charging speed should also be improved. Not yet tested it out.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
Got this as well, wasn't told anything I particular though.

Even with the november one it tries to scare you effectively, I found out that the dash would go from 5% -> 0% while driving which was very concerning at that time.

When I stopped I realised that it was displaying the real % (was 4%) but when driving it would still show 0%

I think 20km at 0% is fine, and in line with what my petrol cars would be expected to do. An extra 50km is overkill.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
As discussed elsewhere, we shouldn't read into this that suddenly our car has gained 50km of range - not a chance, that's about 12kWh! A number of people have had this update and not a single one has reported suddenly having any more actual range.

Remember - dealers don't know what they're talking about and frequently spout nonsense because they've made up something based on a few facts they don't understand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts