Polestar Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Thanks.The stop was only 2 minutes (to drop off a laptop). I just feel pretty stupid to have believed the hype about the range, and now have a 3 year lease to put up with and a car that is totally impractical for anything other than very short commutes.
Lol, what hype? No one in their right minds believe the MPG estimates on ICE window stickers, why are EV ranges held as gospel?

140 seems low, but there are so many factors to range it's hard to know if there's something wrong or your expectations just don't match reality.

Registered
I can sympathise with SteveM becase in day to day usage I鈥榤 currently getting similar. My 14.6 mile commute currently uses a reliable 10% of charge, giving a total range at that usage of 146 miles. That鈥檚 keeping to speed limits, setting interior temp to 18鈥機, maximizing coasting with one pedal off and no passengers/cargo.

However, that is with outside temperatures at around 0鈥機, headlamps and wipers usually on and no pre-conditioning. Last October鈥檚 consumption figures, when the weather was warmer at say 15鈥機, were significantly better - by about 50%. It was even better on longer journeys - by a further 10-20% - when I could go 180 miles using 78% of charge.

Most of my longer journeys (up to 200 miles) I could easily do without a break in summer. Occasionally I might go 300 miles (say to Cornwall) which would mean a break to charge - but then I鈥檇 be likely to stop for a break anyway as electric range is already better than bladder range!

So for me the Polestar is not only good for all day to day purposes, it is good for all longer trips too. That鈥檚 in UK, but I鈥檇 also be confident of going abroad now IONITY are up and running.

Where it wouldn鈥檛 work is for multiple longer journeys in one day where rapid charging is not easily accessible, but I don鈥檛 need that usage pattern. If I did, I鈥檇 probably run a diesel hybrid, as Mrs Fidelis does, which can go 800 miles if needs be - which it never does.

SteveM, don鈥檛 give up hope!

Registered
Where it wouldn鈥檛 work is for multiple longer journeys in one day where rapid charging is not easily accessible, but I don鈥檛 need that usage pattern. If I did, I鈥檇 probably run a diesel hybrid, as Mrs Fidelis does, which can go 800 miles if needs be - which it never does
This is the only real use case where an EV is just not the right car for you.

Registered
Last October鈥檚 consumption figures, when the weather was warmer at say 15鈥機, were significantly better - by about 50%. It was even better on longer journeys - by a further 10-20% - when I could go 180 miles using 78% of charge.
When you drive an EV, you always know when spring is coming because your range starts to increase. :)

Registered
Now really quite fed up with the range after 2 months. Have never achieved more than the equivalent of 140 on full charge. Customer support say that is to be expected in cold weather, which makes a mockery of the range calculator on the site. The car is not really practical at all for day to day driving.
From Norway - 140 miles =225 km, short, depending on cold weather, cold battery, your right foot, weather rain, short trips, highway etc. Had the car 3 weeks now, cold weather here, down to - 10C, average - 5-19C. Mixt driving highway and city, up in the Mountains, so, with battery full 280-300 km. My average consumtion around 2,45 kW/10 km. Acceptable, I think

21 - 28 of 28 Posts