Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ugh so annoyed, i was in the middle of checking out for a pre-configured car with the exact specs I had wanted, I got to the final screen, put in my credit card details only for it to charge my CC, then pop-up with an error message that said the car was no longer available :(

was so close... I guess that 45 minute countdown timer doesn't actually mean anything since someone can still snipe the order away during the countdown process.

bringing back PTSD from ticketmaster. anyway, rant over. just thought i'd share, act FAST if you see a pre-config you like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had this exact scenario happen in early April. I was still within the countdown timer, clicked the button to pay, and it said the car was no longer available. Hard to decribe the feeling, but it was not a good one. Kind of deflating after getting excited to proceed with an order

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can’t even choose Montreal as my Space, they only seem to be available from the Toronto and Vancouver Spaces 😑 I don’t think it’s just you though, I can’t seem to check out on any of them 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this exact scenario happen in early April. I was still within the countdown timer, clicked the button to pay, and it said the car was no longer available. Hard to decribe the feeling, but it was not a good one. Kind of deflating after getting excited to proceed with an order
yeah exactly.. sigh. What I don't understand is how my custom order with the exact same specs did not just get auto matched to this pre-config. Makes no sense...

·
Registered
No issues: 2022 Polestar 2 magnesium, PP, 12/21 DOB
89 Posts
You should reach out to the space manager directly and see what they have to say - that’s what I did when I was told there were no preconfigured cars available at all. Got one three days later because of that phone call.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should reach out to the space manager directly and see what they have to say - that’s what I did when I was told there were no preconfigured cars available at all. Got one three days later because of that phone call.
Saga continues... my original order got cancelled when I tried doing the new order as I was asking live chat if I should cancel my order and they said yes. So when I was attempting to place the new order they had submitted a request to cancel the old one.

After my failed attempt at getting the pre-config the local space sales person called me and I told him the story, he said he won't cancel my original order and I can just keep waiting. Fast forward 3 days later the order got cancelled :(

So now he said he will keep an eye out for any 2022 pre-configs that come in. So so so dissapointed, I kinda brought this on myself but still annoyed all this happened. Thankfully I had another 2022 config saved in my profile that I was able to place a new order from but it's not the original colour I had wanted :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saga continues... my original order got cancelled when I tried doing the new order as I was asking live chat if I should cancel my order and they said yes. So when I was attempting to place the new order they had submitted a request to cancel the old one.

After my failed attempt at getting the pre-config the local space sales person called me and I told him the story, he said he won't cancel my original order and I can just keep waiting. Fast forward 3 days later the order got cancelled :(

So now he said he will keep an eye out for any 2022 pre-configs that come in. So so so dissapointed, I kinda brought this on myself but still annoyed all this happened. Thankfully I had another 2022 config saved in my profile that I was able to place a new order from but it's not the original colour I had wanted :(
That’s just poor advice from CS. Should have advised to wait for confirmation to be received before proceeding with cancellation.

I’m amazed you were able to place an order for an in progress configuration after order books closed, that is very lucky. Hopefully a preconfigured car comes along that meets your needs. I check every day and once in awhile one appears but it’s gone pretty quickly. Nothing I’ve wanted so far except the day they closed order books and the system wouldn’t allow me to order one 😑

1 - 8 of 8 Posts