Polestar Forum banner

361 - 380 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
Finally today had someone take a look back at the car to try and figure out what it was! First time in over a month.

My theory is that because my poor car is utterly filthy, and a dull colour, no-one notices it. If I had it all shiny ceramic polished reflective mirror "oohh shiny", then probably I'd get more looks. Oh well, laziness prevents that ever being likely!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't think you'll ever know, Amanda.
Apparently not. At the farmer's market today: "wow, is that your Polestar? It's the first one I've seen in person. Great color, is that factory paint?" 😂

·
Registered
21 Posts
"for a nose" - we can add this to our Polestar forum jargon list! Self-explanatory, I guess, but new to me.
Gander, Butchers, Nose, Squint,
"for a nose" - we can add this to our Polestar forum jargon list! Self-explanatory, I guess, but new to me.
So frustrating that not only do you get an extra year warranty in the UK, you also get home delivery of the car.... Here I have to go to the local Volvo dealership to collect mine. (granted, it's a just a few KM away, but still)
I would prefer to collect mine from the Volvo dealer as an event to go. Car washed and detailed and made a little fuss of. Home delivery is like getting your car back from recovery truck or hire car dropped off. Volvo only service/ warranty work as don’t want to confuse with the brand id 🤷🏼🙄

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK, so as someone who was not really a car person prior to this whole Polestar thing (and who never washed my car at all), I have to ask a super-newbie question: How DOES one properly keep a fancy new car clean? Due to water conservation considerations, washing by hand is not really sustainable. So are car washes a safe option? What things do you need to consider when choosing?
If you cannot do yourself, find a good paint detailing company and ask them to ceramic coat the paint work. Most are pretty good and the rain is enough to keep the dirt down but look at it with a low pressure jet washer and it will all be gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
🤐 But I really enjoy seeing no other P2’s. Surely you can allow me to drag it out for as long as possible? 😬 There’ll be lots around soon enough 🤫🤭
Not been out much obviously but only seen the tail end of one a few weeks ago at dusk and rear lights confirmed. Drove to Grove/Wantage (160miles trip) and Telford (260 mile trip) plus Milton Keynes (35 trip) last week and saw ....... none!

·
Registered
382 Posts
OK, so as someone who was not really a car person prior to this whole Polestar thing (and who never washed my car at all), I have to ask a super-newbie question: How DOES one properly keep a fancy new car clean? Due to water conservation considerations, washing by hand is not really sustainable. So are car washes a safe option? What things do you need to consider when choosing?
I use a rinseless wash for routine washing. Frothe from Ammonyc.com is pretty good, but I have another I'm testing that the detailer recommended. Unless the car is crazy, crazy dirty, a rinseless once a week should do the trick. Takes 15 mins in my garage, and doesn't use any extra water other than what's in the container.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,734 Posts
Loading up the car while leaving the beach. 2 guys and 2 girls walking by with the guys taking an obvious interest in the car. One guy loudly remarks "that's a Polestar 2" and then look over at me. I oblige and answer several questions including the "why this and not Tesla?".
While chatting with them, a guy walking past hangs back and then he has a bunch of questions/comments. Seems he has a (gorgeous) black XC60 T8 Polestar and loves it.

Meanwhile wife and kids are getting antsy and after some very loud sighing I have to stop the chit chat and get going.

Also - 34% for 71 non-conservatively driven miles, mixed highway/hilly roads, starting from cold, no preconditioning in 10-15C = ~209 mi total range.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,994 Posts
Had my first reaction this afternoon. Crossing a bridge a group of males started pointing at the car. I just carried on in blissful silence.
That'll teach you to drive over a footbridge :).

·
Registered
45 Posts
You never have a dull day with PS 2!
My car was parked at a bay, and a lady with full of bags on her hands started checking my car at the front and then back.. and then turning around checking her partner who was parking his car a few cars away. Then she turned the other side of the car, I almost started to laugh.. basically she was facing her partner while walking backward with all the bags on her hands to look at the spec on the side front door. When her partner came closer, she said, “this looks like a gigantic electric Volvo!” I guess she meant the 300kW power!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just had a guy in a Model X who was exceptionally curious about my car. Could see him looking over and checking his mirrors as we passed each other in traffic.

It always looks like drivers are going to smack their heads on their windows.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
210 Posts
Estate agent coming our of a property that was too close to the road, "I like your Tesla!", me It's not a Tesla, "What is it then?" a Chinese copy of a Volvo! I couldn't help myself - Tesla indeed!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
At a kids outdoor birthday party a couple of parents were wondering about it: "that's not a Tesla is it?" Then the usual conversation ensued.

·
Registered
P2, Magnesium on Charcoal, performance pack
86 Posts
This is weird, my neighbour in my condo commented how much she loves my car everytime she drives by it and how it reminds her of the Mustang (especially the one parked in the same underground garage), but much nicer, whatever that means.
That is the second time someone made a comparison of my car to the Mustang (but this time it’s the coupe and not the new Mach-e)! Maybe it’s the muscular stance, I just don’t see it (in both the coupe and the Mach-e).

361 - 380 of 468 Posts