Polestar Forum banner

561 - 580 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Since I received my Midnight P*2 last thursday, I’ve had a few encounters with people. First off at work where colleagues asked away about performance, range and whether I have to load it up every day or not. Duh !
Second encounter at work, I was not so pleased. A few contractors were waiting outside for their boss to collect their permits. They were obviously talking about the car but stood soooo close to my car that I got nervous and angrily asked them to step away from the car. They could’ve damaged the car with their swinging utensil-sack which they had hung on their shoulder. I was genuinely pissed off.
Third encounter was a staring bus driver as I stood alongside the road, waiting to pick my daughter doing an internship at a new location. For me the opportunity to drive the car again 😏 The bus waited a couple of minutes longer than necessary at the busstop. It was so obvious because he kept staring at my car and people on the bus were visibly annoyed by it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ignorance is the biggest obstacle to increased EV adoption.
I am guessing they compare it too much to a hybrid PHEV and someone I know really charges it every day to keep riding electrical. That‘s what they do know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That”s okay to charge every day if it’s convenient for you. Over here in Belgium, I charge depending on how much sun is shining (solar power) or if it is after 10pm (reduced price/kW) or if it’s a weekend (also reduced price/kW). So you kinda have to have a charging strategy to keep the cost low. Not so hard to do and since I’m new to this EV, I don’t know yet if it’s just a newbie thing to control/check/calculate everything and will keep doing that after a few months/years ...

·
Registered
720 Posts
That”s okay to charge every day if it’s convenient for you. Over here in Belgium, I charge depending on how much sun is shining (solar power) or if it is after 10pm (reduced price/kW) or if it’s a weekend (also reduced price/kW). So you kinda have to have a charging strategy to keep the cost low. Not so hard to do and since I’m new to this EV, I don’t know yet if it’s just a newbie thing to control/check/calculate everything and will keep doing that after a few months/years ...
Lots of people do the same if they want to cut costs, they just have a smart charger that charges the car late at night. I recently switched our power plan so it's cheaper to charge during "super off-peak", which right now is between 10am and 2pm M-F as well as nights and weekends. Super convenient since I work from home right now and am just using L1, but when things open back up I'll need a smarter solution to take advantage of the rates.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Drove to London and back today (165) miles round trip. Really noticeable how many more people know that it is a Polestar and so many more heads turning.

Source London 7kw was available next to my meeting destination but to top-up was expensive on PAYG.

The Polestare is real!

Car was sublime. Started on 93% SoC and would have got home on 10% if I hadn’t topped-up.

I didn’t hypermile once :)

Different 125 mile round trip tomorrow.

FORZA POLESTAR!

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
Drove to London and back today (165) miles round trip. Really noticeable how many more people know that it is a Polestar and so many more heads turning.

Source London 7kw was available next to my meeting destination but to top-up was expensive on PAYG.

The Polestare is real!

Car was sublime. Started on 93% SoC and would have got home on 10% if I hadn’t topped-up.

I didn’t hypermile once :)

Different 125 mile round trip tomorrow.

FORZA POLESTAR!
Hi @Arjo
How did the repair go? Good as new?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi @Arjo
How did the repair go? Good as new?
Oh yes, thanks for asking. Very good (needed some gentle ‘encouragement’ to get it to the quality I expected!). Windscreen is OEM obviously as I guess there are not cheap alternatives.. yet.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
Good to hear it. It was a shocking thing to see those pictures! Glad you're all ok too.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Lots of people do the same if they want to cut costs, they just have a smart charger that charges the car late at night. I recently switched our power plan so it's cheaper to charge during "super off-peak", which right now is between 10am and 2pm M-F as well as nights and weekends. Super convenient since I work from home right now and am just using L1, but when things open back up I'll need a smarter solution to take advantage of the rates.
A lot of this depends on how many miles you actually drive. I don't do enough to make it worthwhile to alter my regular rate plan. And of course then you start second guessing everything you do in the house. Do I run the dishwasher now, should I put laundry in, can I wait to take a shower, etc. etc.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Makes it easy when you have a flat rate for electricity. I just plug in if I get below 75% SoC or if I know I have a longer trip the next day.

·
Registered
720 Posts
In the morning I drop our youngest off at her grandparents, the oldest at daycare. This morning as I'm parked in the driveway unbuckling the youngest I saw a silverish SUV stop in the street behind my car out of the corner of my eye. The neighbor across the street was standing infront of his house, so I figured they were just asking him for directions and ignored the first "Excuse me sir!" So they said it louder. :)

Them: "Excuse me sir!"
Popped my head out of the car, realized the lady driving the SUV was talking to me.
Me: "Yes?"
Them: "Who makes your car?"
Me: "Polestar"
Them: "Cool! It's electric, right?"
Me: "Yep!"
Them: "Cool! I saw it and was like 'I don't recognize that badge... I'm gonna follow him!' But then you turned and parked, so... I really like your car though!"
Me: "Thank you!"
Them: "Polestar huh..." drives away

Passenger was smiling/laughing the whole time.

Get back in the car after dropping off the youngest.

Daughter: "What was that?"

·
Registered
720 Posts
A lot of this depends on how many miles you actually drive. I don't do enough to make it worthwhile to alter my regular rate plan. And of course then you start second guessing everything you do in the house. Do I run the dishwasher now, should I put laundry in, can I wait to take a shower, etc. etc.
I did some math and there wasn't much saving for us either, but with the new hours I figured it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Took my brother in law out for a first drive tonight, his first time seeing the car but he's fully vaccinated and I now have first dose in so nice to see family.

He drives an S4 as his daily. I drive sanely as we leave the neighborhood and then we get to a long rural stretch with 55mph and I say, "ok, I'm going to punch it to show you", he says "sure, go for it, I want to see this", I put the pedal to the floor and we jump from 35 to 70 in a few seconds. He just says "holy S***, you should have warned me, that is insane!!! My poor neck, that is ridiculous!".

Moral of the story, tell your passenger to put their head all the way on the headrest before using the energy pedal ;) His order will be going in shortly.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #578 ·
Took my brother in law out for a first drive tonight, his first time seeing the car but he's fully vaccinated and I now have first dose in so nice to see family.

He drives an S4 as his daily. I drive sanely as we leave the neighborhood and then we get to a long rural stretch with 55mph and I say, "ok, I'm going to punch it to show you", he says "sure, go for it, I want to see this", I put the pedal to the floor and we jump from 35 to 70 in a few seconds. He just says "holy S***, you should have warned me, that is insane!!! My poor neck, that is ridiculous!".

Moral of the story, tell your passenger to put their head all the way on the headrest before using the energy pedal ;) His order will be going in shortly.
We’ve all been short changed a little of this type of experience due to COVID. The plight of new car owner’s inability to show off hasn’t had the media coverage it deserves. You get a new car, take your relatives & mates out for a spin. And this isn’t an average car. You can’t compare it to cars past.
Damn you COVID 19.

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
68 Posts
Had mine in the local Kwik Fit for a puncture repair. Lads in the garage when picking it up "The first one of those we have had in, lovely car". Me the usual thanks and a bit chat.
Get in the car I know I dropped it off with 80% SOC and now it is 74% SOC. mmmmm. I didn't take note of the mileage but either it's been moved around the garage a lot or it's been out for a spin.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Had mine in the local Kwik Fit for a puncture repair. Lads in the garage when picking it up "The first one of those we have had in, lovely car". Me the usual thanks and a bit chat.
Get in the car I know I dropped it off with 80% SOC and now it is 74% SOC. mmmmm. I didn't take note of the mileage but either it's been moved around the garage a lot or it's been out for a spin.
Dashcam ;) - Which reminds me -
Should we have a 'what did you buy for your Polestar 2 today' thread?

Perhaps I would start with - I bought a Polestar 2 which should look really smart under my nice looking roof bars which arrived yesterday.

Trying to not be excited.

561 - 580 of 713 Posts