Polestar Forum banner

581 - 600 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
non PP - Snow - Ordered Sep 20 - Delivery 01 Dec 20
68 Posts
Yes agree - I actually have a dashcam out of my previous car that I haven't yet refitted. This is my first Company car as opposed to always being private. It's amazing how the motivation to fit the dashcam hasn't been there now I am on someone else's insurance. Yet I'm the one insisting all our fleet of vans has cams. Must take my own advice.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I'm waiting for a nice day when I've got nothing pressing. I want to be able to take my time installing it. So far, it hasn't been the right time and a nice new dash cam has been sitting on my work bench.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was at our local village cafe last weekend for the last day that they had their loan Polestar 2. When I came in, the owner was chatting to a couple of stocky chaps in a lowered Volvo V90... which turned out to be the local traffic police in an unmarked pursuit car! The policemen couldn't keep their eyes of the Polestar and were asking him all about it :).
Should’ve kept quiet. Now they know what they are up against. You loose the element of surprise and escape😉

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
We’ve all been short changed a little of this type of experience due to COVID. The plight of new car owner’s inability to show off hasn’t had the media coverage it deserves. You get a new car, take your relatives & mates out for a spin. And this isn’t an average car. You can’t compare it to cars past.
Damn you COVID 19.
And to think I may never go back into an office again. I always loved showing off the new ride to work buddies 😐

·
Registered
621 Posts
I now give the "put your head back against the headrest" warning on every first ride now. My wife cursed me roundly the first time I did the interstate on-ramp pedal mash and her head bounced off the restraint. :eek:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I now give the "put your head back against the headrest" warning on every first ride now. My wife cursed me roundly the first time I did the interstate on-ramp pedal mash and her head bounced off the restraint. :eek:
My only problem with that is most of the on-ramps near me aren't that long and then you have to merge with lots of traffic moving 55. I need a lot more room to floor it! 😀

·
Registered
621 Posts
My "demo" route from my house takes me on to the interstate, off at the nearest exit (right at the Mississippi state line) and there is an on-ramp there that is relatively straight and I can hit 100mph before the merge. Plus it's not very busy. Never fails to blow away the passengers (especially EV noobs) and when I say "and that's 100" when I let off the accelerator and actually signal to merge they're always astounded. I never tire of it myself. :cool:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the one down side of a 4.1 sec 0-60 time is that you only have 4.1s to enjoy it!
This reminds me of the good old pre-COVID days when we could still travel, and I got a chance to drive this specimen:
HINDUSTAN AMBASSADOR (Diesel)

I thoroughly enjoyed the minute and a half it took to reach 100km/h (62mph).
This link claims it can do it in 62.1s but maybe I didn't heat up the engine enough since I had only half an hour at my disposal to do a round-trip of 8km (5 miles) to fetch some supplies; barely made it in time!

·
Registered
233 Posts
This reminds me of the good old pre-COVID days when we could still travel, and I got a chance to drive this specimen:
HINDUSTAN AMBASSADOR (Diesel)
View attachment 4609

This link claims it can do it in 62.1s but maybe I didn't heat up the engine enough since I had only half an hour at my disposal to do a round-trip of 8km (5 miles) to fetch some supplies; barely made it in time!
Just loved this. Brought a big smile to my face. Boy does it need it! 🤣

·
Registered
183 Posts
By which time a linearly-accelerating Polestar 2 would have hit 1300 mph / 2200 km/h / Mach 1.7, but to be fair you'd probably then pass the Polestar as it was recharging.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
My "demo" route from my house takes me on to the interstate, off at the nearest exit (right at the Mississippi state line) and there is an on-ramp there that is relatively straight and I can hit 100mpg before the merge. Plus it's not very busy. Never fails to blow away the passengers (especially EV noobs) and when I say "and that's 100" when I let off the accelerator and actually signal to merge they're always astounded. I never tire of it myself. :cool:
I only got that fast (from about 70) once for a brief moment on a deserted stretch of highway. It's amazing how effortlessly the car gets there and how stable if feels. I'm too chicken to maintain that for long on a US highway.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #598 ·
Not sure where to mention this, but is anyone else getting lots of mucky hand prints on their windows from folks getting up close to have a peek inside? Like baby pigeons, I never actually see the buggers.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mine just doesn't go anywhere to demand that - it is either behind my gates or moving

581 - 600 of 713 Posts