Polestar Forum banner

601 - 620 of 713 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another one of my co-workers, while walking towards our cars in the parking deck, said to me "I really like your car - it's so cute" :LOL:

·
Registered
508 Posts
My dad had a 1954 Corvette... only the second year it was made. I think 0-60 was around 15 seconds. Fast!!
But so beautiful... I wonder if our cars will pass the good looking test when all the new cars are doing 1.6sec 0-60 times. I've wanted a 58 'vette for many years and may yet pick one up, fully understanding it's slow, sloppy and very unsafe by today's standards 😅

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
But so beautiful... I wonder if our cars will pass the good looking test when all the new cars are doing 1.6sec 0-60 times. I've wanted a 58 'vette for many years and may yet pick one up, fully understanding it's slow, sloppy and very unsafe by today's standards 😅
Getting something like that and restomod-ing in an EV drive train though would be pretty sweet.
sloppy, unsafe, but fast

·
Registered
247 Posts
Father and son arrive at my house to pick up an exercise bike sold on eBay, two cars on the drive the P*2 and a 1964 Land Rover Series 2A, "what's that car - the modern one, is it a Citroen?" Er no.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stalked by a white Model S... I figured something was up when they stuck to my hip and matched my speed. Had to slow for upcoming traffic and when they passed me the passenger had their phone out recording. I wonder how many pictures/videos of my car are floating around the internet...

Same trip two dudes in a drop top Mini passed me on the interstate and then proceeded to just be in the way. I'd merge into the turn lane, they would slowly merge over in front of me, stuff like that. We turned onto a 4 lane so I merged over to the left lane pass since they took the turn like they were worried the car would roll over at anything higher than walking speed. Get next to them, they floor it... so I played along taunting them until we stopped at a light. Shot me a friendly thumbs up and the driver motioned for me to roll down my window:

Him: "What kind of car is that?!?"
Me: "A Polestar 2"
Him: "Polestar 2?"
Me: "Yea"
Him: "That's a sweet car man!"
Me: "Thanks!"

And with the green, I was gone.

Sunday night post family dinner a gaggle of nieces and nephews (present and maybe future) were hanging out around my car furiously Googling trying to figure out what it was (they have seen it before). Lots of "WHOA!" when I unlocked it and they saw the lightshow.

Niece: "What kinda car is this?"
Me: "Polestar"
Niece: "Is it like a new brand or something?"
Me: "Yea"
Niece: "... awesome"

I guess I could be nice and give them a ride one day.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Do it man...giving rides is the best part! I have my "demo" circuit that includes an interstate on-ramp that has a decent bend to the merge but enough speed to hit 0 to 100mph right when the merge starts. So a good, solid side load almost immediately after the launch that presses the passengers against the headrests and has them grabbing for the Jesus straps before I calmly state "and that 100" as I ease out of the acceleration and signal to complete the merge. Never fails to get a few "oh, s&#t!" exclamations and general sounds of consternation followed by massive ear to ear grins as I ease down to re-engage ACC at 10mph over the posted speed limit and demo pilot assist.

·
Registered
44 Posts
While I was winding up the charging cable at Tesco last night, this large gentleman (ie I think would struggle to get behind the wheel) comes over and asks me how much it cost to charge the car (nothing), then asks me if I like my Tesla.
"Not a Tesla".

Looks like there is still a way to get before people realise that large electric cars are not all made by Tesla (I don't think anyone would confuse a Zoe or Leaf for a Tesla).

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 · (Edited)
While I was winding up the charging cable at Tesco last night, this large gentleman (ie I think would struggle to get behind the wheel) comes over and asks me how much it cost to charge the car (nothing), then asks me if I like my Tesla.
"Not a Tesla".

Looks like there is still a way to get before people realise that large electric cars are not all made by Tesla (I don't think anyone would confuse a Zoe or Leaf for a Tesla).
Do you think for a % of the population Tesla is just another word for electric car? A proprietary eponym like Hoover, Kleenex or Fleshlight?

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Happened to be on a city side street as a ton of kids (10-12 year - olds?) were leaving school. Lots of pointing and thumbs up and shouting. It was fun.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Do you think for a % of the population Tesla is just another word for electric car? A proprietary eponym like Hoover, Kleenex or Fleshlight?
This is actually something I've talked about with people before. It may well hold.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I thought we were still in a pandemic?
Yep, masks and 3 ft distanced, plus I only give rides to people in our very small circle of family/friends we've pseudo quarantined with. Namely they're the only ones we actually do any socializing with. Fortunately in my part of the country and age group the vaccinations are going great and this latest surge isn't hitting us much, although the last couple of days we've seen cases creep up a bit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 · (Edited)
A chap came to my work place a few days ago in a 30 year old battered Toyyota HiLux to drop his 1965 Mustang clutch for relining. I asked if he'd seen the Mach E, and he proceeded to vent about ugly electric cars. I didn't mention mine.
Today he came to collect as I was washing my car. He asked about it & we got into quite a discussion.
"This is more like it. The tree huggers don't need convincing to go electric, it's petrolheads like me. And this my type of car because you would never guess it was electric to look at it."
Today he was driving an Aston Martin.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
A chap came to my work place a few days ago in a 30 year old battered Toyyota HiLux to drop his 1965 Mustang clutch for relining. I asked if he'd seen the Mach E, and he proceeded to vent about ugly electric cars. I didn't mention mine.
Today he came to collect as I was washing my car. He asked about it & we got into quite a discussion.
"This is more like it. The tree huggers don't need convincing to go electric, it's petrolheads like me. And this my type of car because you would never guess it was electric to look at it."
Today he driving an Aston Martin.
No doubt a lot of people want "regular" cars and not science experiments. I think PS definitely took that approach, and others are working along those lines as well to get away from the science experiments. There's no reason the car can't look and operate pretty much as anyone might expect, except that the power is EV instead of ICE. And a familiar interior is particularly important for broad acceptance.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #619 ·
I'm getting mine this afternoon.
I live on a one-way street, near an elementary school, hundreds of parents have to pass in front of my house every morning and afternoon, to drop or pick up their kids.
I keep telling myself : Brace yourself...
CONGRATS! You've been here forever so it's about time!
There's the cheap or expensive option....

601 - 620 of 713 Posts