Polestar Forum banner

721 - 740 of 831 Posts

·
Registered
Void (unadorned!)
15 Posts
@polerad vaccine hesitancy is massive here. It's a combination of the very conservative (read: "Stop the Steal", MAGA hat wearers), the poorly educated, and the rightly cautious black and brown people (some in my own family!) that don't trust any government sponsored health drive. OK, enough of that - I hope the community leaders can turn it around and I can get out and show off my car more!
I feel so lucky to have access to a vaccine, to have been offered a vaccine, and to have had my first vaccination. Had the AZ vaccination and no side effects compared with others in the family that have had the Pfizer one. Absolute miracle that all these companies have been able to produce these vaccinations in the time scale.

I do understand the hesitancy around getting the vaccination but I look at what CV has done to our economies, our health and our lives and, for me, it was never a question of if I get vaccinated, but when.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I feel so lucky to have access to a vaccine, to have been offered a vaccine, and to have had my first vaccination. Had the AZ vaccination and no side effects compared with others in the family that have had the Pfizer one. Absolute miracle that all these companies have been able to produce these vaccinations in the time scale.

I do understand the hesitancy around getting the vaccination but I look at what CV has done to our economies, our health and our lives and, for me, it was never a question of if I get vaccinated, but when.
Same. And the technology used in the Moderna/Pfizer vaccine is so cool and fascinating!

It's so frustratingly ironic that we live in a time where there's ample access to information yet people choose to believe harmful nonsense because it's in an easy to share JPEG.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got vaccinated today in Luxembourg. Very efficient process all the way. One Day before delivery of my car to make sure I don't infect the car's infotainment with the virus?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Maybe you should make another topic on vaccination. #off topic

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yesterday, a man in a Porsche coupe came up starboard side at a red light and asked if my car was a Polestar. My friend in the passenger seat, with bravado, said "Yes, it is!". Porsche man said its the first he's seen, and that it is very cool.

Today, another stoplight Q&A from an interested fellow. I didn't catch what he was driving - smaller SUV of some sort, but one of his questions was a first for me: "where do you get one?"

I might see more around Raleigh-Durham soon!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great news! Take it easy tomorrow - got my 2nd dose on Mon and Tues was a chicken soup / lay in bed day while I recovered. I feel so relieved now, can finally plan a visit with my family on the east coast as everyone now 100% vaccinated (I'm the youngest so got it last).
Congrats! Coast to coast in the P*2? 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
I'm tired today, but so far, it's not bad. I'm getting some gardening done, weeding and dividing some Astilbe. I hope people here are able to get over their fears and that more vaccine is available worldwide.

An inconvenience due to some glitch with my car seems so trivial in comparison.

Sorry to hijack the thread and then amplify the sin by getting philosophical.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm tired today, but so far, it's not bad. I'm getting some gardening done, weeding and dividing some Astilbe. I hope people here are able to get over their fears and that more vaccine is available worldwide.

An inconvenience due to some glitch with my car seems so trivial in comparison.

Sorry to hijack the thread and then amplify the sin by getting philosophical.
It's an age thing as we start to come to terms with our own mortality. (Had my second jab today.... AZ... hence the brain fade recently!)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Was just passed in the village by an idiot going way too fast and ignoring the priorities from the right. Quite dangerous really. Was my fault though, just before, on the country road, he was on my bumper and I then left him in the dust ...

·
Registered
176 Posts
First drive in the dark. Impressed with the adaptive high beam. But then a car started flashing at me. Then I noticed he only had park lights on. Could it be that the system did not mask him out because it did not detect him?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,202 Posts
Picking up Mom from the airport. Fair bit of traffic to get into position at the curb and I need to pull up fairly close to the car ahead of me. Guy gets out of their car, stares at my car, stares at me. With masks, hard to tell what's up. I get out, check out that I didn't get too too close and guy says "Hey" in a very uninterpretable way.
I say "Hey" back. He says "Dude.... what car is that???!". "Polestar". "Ohhhh.... that's the Polestar! nice"

Later on the drive home, Mom finally takes in the car. Notes the pano roof. Says it's comfortable. Likes Volvo safety. And remarks unironically that it's great they gave us a complimentary iPad too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Went out to a patio dinner to celebrate our anniversary last night. Fire truck responding to something blocked us in when we were ready to leave, but it was relatively nice out for April in Chicago, so we chatted outside the car to pass the time. Multiple people kept walking by gawking at the Polestar, asking what it was, saying how cool it looked, and seemed impressed when noticing the EV plates. I felt like I was at a car show or something, but if I popped the hood, there's not much to look at besides my jack and charging cable!

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
First drive in the dark. Impressed with the adaptive high beam. But then a car started flashing at me. Then I noticed he only had park lights on. Could it be that the system did not mask him out because it did not detect him?
I get flashed quite often. By cars i mean. I think the lights are a bit too high up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, that happened in Belgium, so maybe there is the root cause :cool: . I noticed that the lights bounce up and down with the car a lot. Seems to be much more than with my other car.

721 - 740 of 831 Posts